Applications Consultant - SAP
Start dates: June, September, November 2017
Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry.
As a global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators. We help our clients implement SAP ERP software to manage business operations and customer relations in an integrated environment. As you’d expect, our applications consultants are highly skilled individuals who are integral to the delivery of every IT solution. Here, smart and often groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking.
Join us and you’ll enjoy a multi-faceted role where building client relationships, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions is key.
Choose from three routes into our SAP team in Worthing: Project Management, Technical and Functional.
Although it’s not essential, we have found that Finance, HR or Business graduates do well in the Project Management and Functional roles, while graduates with IT or STEM degrees do well in Technical roles. Please be aware that if you’re applying for a Technical role, we’d like to see you demonstrate an understanding of software development life cycles and solid technical awareness, with previous coding experience.
For all roles we require:
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of a 2.2 degree
- Real enthusiasm for the challenges and opportunities we offer
- Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career
- Curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Flair for solving problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Appetite to continually develop skills
- Happiness with working location
What would I be doing in each role?
SAP Project Management
To be successful in the Project Management Office, you will need to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will support the whole SAP Community, particularly the senior leadership team and project managers. You’ll need to be able to positively build working relationships with key stakeholders, as relationship management is crucial for this role.
As a SAP Project Management graduate, you will be expected to:
- Work closely with Project Managers
- Understand the commercial models under which we work
- Attend various project meetings and workshops
- Understand the financial cycle of a project
The primary role of a SAP technical consultant is to support and develop the SAP Systems from a technical perspective. You will receive training in ABAP which is the coding language for SAP. This will be through multiple channels such as shadowing, online courses and formal classroom training. You will start by being involved in resolving issues known as ‘tickets’, working alongside experienced developers who will guide you through the process. When you’re able to resolve tickets independently, you’ll be able to get involved with projects and begin working on new and existing developments.
As a SAP technical consultant, you will be expected to:
- Support the team in ensuring a reliable, consistent operation of the SAP Systems
- Resolve and diagnose tickets
- Work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems
- Follow the Agile Methodology
As a SAP functional consultant you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it’s providing application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through the Project team, this role requires sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP module. You’ll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
You’ll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop functional and technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP functional consultant, you will be expected to:
- Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP modules
- Support the Live Services team by:
- Resolving incidents identified by end users
- Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
- Working with the development team to implement fixes
- Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
- Support the Project team by:
- Attending and facilitating workshops
- Working with the client to clarify requirements
- Creating/updating project documentation
- Testing new developments
- Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
Discover the benefits
- Location: we’re on the South Coast, just a stone’s throw away from the beach, and we’re located next to a mainline station, with great transport links into Brighton’s vibrant centre.
- Onsite: we offer ample parking and an onsite gym.
- Development: We provide a strong training programme, learning support and a designated learning mentor.
- Social: We arrange many local social events, giving you access to Worthing’s large graduate community.
- Progression: we offer long-term career progression, with several performance reviews throughout the year, giving you a framework for quick progression, and the opportunity to demonstrate your achievements.
- CSR: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, to beach cleans, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Be the you, you want to be
Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. A flexible benefits package tailored to suit you. These are just some of the rewards we offer. But perhaps most rewarding of all, is the opportunity you’ll get to grow.
We may be one of the world’s top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with more than 190,000 people in over 40 countries. But we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them.
So expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you.
Apply now by selecting SAP Applications Consultant and Worthing as the preferred location on the application form.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.