Investment Banking Analyst
Founded in 2007, School of Investment Banking is a unique and one of a kind Investment Banking training institute. What sets us apart is the fact that we leverage our deep contacts with recruiters to secure world class placement opportunities for candidates
We’re now launching operations in London. The Full Time Certificate Course in Investment Banking is SIB's flag ship course and is an intensive program that runs for 4 weeks. This Course prepares candidates for jobs in Investment Banking & Private Equity.
This is an ideal opportunity for exceptional Undergraduates/ Postgraduates who aspire to make a career in Investment Banking & Private Equity. Candidates will benefit from:
- "Hard" technical skills related to Investment Banking & Private Equity
- Intense interview prep that will give job aspirants an edge in converting interviews to job offers
- Placement opportunities through SIB's extensive network with recruiters in London (either full time or paid internships)
Start Date: 17 July 2017
Duration: 4 weeks (20 days)
Location: London, Zone 1
Timings: 9 am – 5pm; Monday – Friday
WONDERING HOW WE DO THIS IN ONLY 4 WEEKS? THAT'S A FAIR QUESTION!
- Our faculty comprises of former investment bankers at major investment banks
- We focus on providing "practical" training with the aim of getting candidates "job ready", so our training material is very concise, to the point and hits the nail on the head
- Our average placement record of 90% since 2007 is unapparelled and speaks for itself. We expect to replicate this success in London as well
"Joining SIB was a very good decision. It improved my technical skills, prepared me for job interviews and I got the break I needed in investment banking. I am very grateful to all the faculty members for giving each student personal attention and for putting the interests of students first and foremost" David Murry, WARWICK UNIVERSITY
DAYS 1-3: Accounting Overview, Excel
DAYS 4-5: Company Profiles & Presentation Skills
DAYS 6-8: Valuation- Trading Comparables
DAYS 9-10: Valuation-Transaction Comparables
DAYS 11-13: Valuation- Discounted Cash Flow(DCF)
DAYS 14-16: Financial Modeling (company1, sector1)
DAY 17: M&A Considerations
DAYS 18-20: Financial Modeling (company2, sector2)
Who Can Apply?
Candidates between the ages of 20 and 27, although exceptions may be made based on individual skills and fit with recruiter criteria. Candidates must fall into one of the categories below:
- Undergrads (at uni and/or already graduated)
- Post grads (at uni and/or already graduated)
- Chartered Accountants
- Other working professionals
Candidates who have successfully completed our Full Time Certificate Course in Investment Banking can be assured of getting interview opportunities with leading recruiters. Our role at SIB is to create opportunity, but there is no magic here.
Candidates should understand that converting an interview opportunity into a job offer depends on their own merit. We DO NOT guarantee placements. Having said that, we have an average placement record of 90% since 2007.
We are confident of being able to replicate this in London as well
If Investment Banking is where your aspirations lie then, SIB’s value proposition is unique and one of a kind:
- Our average placement record of 90% for Investment Banking since 2007 in unapparelled and unmatched
- We are confident of being able to replicate this success in London as well
This is possible only because of our deep contacts with recruiters.
- We send your CV to the right recruiters and decision makers
- Fight hard for your CV till such time you have a couple of interviews and when you do, that’s when you have to deliver your magic
Since 2007 so many bright young undergrads, post grads and other working professionals have achieved their dreams with SIB.
Recruiters today are looking for core technical skills that go beyond academic qualifications.
WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE?
Are you ready to step up to a better vision for yourself?