Business Development Executive
Pearlfinders is a totally unique, fast-growing and close knit community of business development and research professionals, based in central London. Our product is a subscription-based research and insights platform used by some of the best in the business. From best-in-class marketing agencies (Interbrand; Leo Burnett) to sporting giants (FC Barcelona; McLaren F1) our client list is genuinely unparalleled (it’s probably the quantity and quality of interviews conducted by our research team).
Following a total web relaunch in 2016, this year is all about growth. Consequently, we’re looking to add to our business development function and win more clients in 2017 than we’ve ever won before.
We’re seeking someone with some commercial experience (perhaps you’ve worked in sales for a couple of years, or have some account management experience), but who’s looking to take a step up. Your responsibilities will span the whole sales cycle, so we’re looking for someone who can excel in the following: -
- Identifying new prospects, who are a good fit for our product. To do this you’ll need to be inquisitive – going through our database; networking on LinkedIn and keeping on top of the trade press
- Reaching out to sales and marketing executives to pitch the Pearlfinders product – this will be a combination of making cold approaches, and reacting to inbound enquiries we’ve received
- Going through a consultative process with these prospects – identifying their challenges, and helping them understand how Pearlfinders can help with these
- Conducting screen-share and face-to-face demonstrations of Pearlfinders
- Managing a pipeline of prospects from initial contact through to the sale itself
- Writing targeted email marketing campaigns to generate interest in the product
- Negotiating with prospects, and ultimately securing the business
- Ensuring a seamless transition to our account management team, who’ll look after the client relationship after your involvement has ended
- Working as part of a team to help hit monthly and weekly revenue and sales targets.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We’re seeking exceptional graduates with excellent communication skills. You will have a passion for marketing, technology and sport, and be able to take the initiative. You will be competitive, proactive, have excellent attention to detail, and be looking to progress with a growing business.
We will, of course, provide full training to enable you to succeed in the role.
We’re based in Clerkenwell and the office is social, open-plan and there’s always something happening. This year we’ve had plenty of Friday beers on Exmouth Market, seen live music together in Hyde Park, held a private movie screening at the BFI, dominated division 2 in the London Advertising Softball League, and our netball team had a strong debut season in the Go Mamouth netball league.
If you like what you see above, we’d love to hear from you. Please send a CV and covering letter to us via the Apply button on this page.