Junior Ocean Colour Remote Sensing Scientist
Are you a recent graduate looking to build your future career in the space industry? If so, don’t miss this opportunity! Join Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) as part of the Early Career Programme (ECP). The ECP offers you the unique chance to realise your potential in a high-tech international environment. Guided by highly experienced managers and mentors, you will secure your future with us.
As Junior Ocean Colour Remote Sensing Scientist you will learn about a range of scientific techniques and procedures. You will support the development of new ocean colour algorithms, conduct routine performance analyses of the current Sentinel-3 Ocean and Land Colour Instrument (OLCI) and assist with the deployment of new algorithms into operations
Along with a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, you should ideally have skills/experience in each of the following:
- Up to 3 years work experience, with a strong motivation to develop towards a professional career in the area of ocean colour remote sensing.
- Good theoretical knowledge of instrument processing algorithms, in particular ocean colour and related parameter algorithms.
- Familiarity with Python, IDL, and/or MATLAB
- Experience of working in a UNIX environment and with a scientifically-oriented coding language (C/C++,Fortran)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment, and strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation of complex problems and solutions
To apply you must be a EUMETSAT member state national with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written. A knowledge of French would be considered advantageous.