Graduate Programme - Business Development
Graduate Programme – Business Development – Autumn 2017 – Catton Hospitality
What we do
Our purpose is to achieve maximum efficiency within the pub and restaurant sector, using software, consultancy and training. Our software system S4Labour is used to optimise labour scheduling and management, and is advancing at a fast pace. We also offer experienced consultancy services, with our team having worked in the industry for most of their professional careers. We are an exciting, innovative and rapidly expanding business, with an annual growth rate of roughly 50% and the launch of some new products underway.
What you’ll do
Our graduate scheme offers an initial 6-month experience in a range of business areas, including sales, marketing, customer service, account management, IT development, and even a short period working in one of our pubs. You will have a mentor in each section, ensuring that you are getting the most out of the programme and are supported along the way. Do not worry, we do not expect you to be experienced already, we just require you to be keen to learn and to get stuck in!
After your taster period you are given the opportunity to choose which section suits you best – you can tailor the programme to your preferences. After 1 year of high performance you will become a permanent member of our team in your chosen area.
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic, business minded and hard-working individuals.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- A keen logical and analytical mind.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- At least an A in GCSE Maths & English.
- At least a 2:1 or predicted 2:1 at a top 25 University
- Experience in the pub/restaurant/hospitality sector would prove useful but not essential.
What is essential however is that you enjoy going to the pub and having a good laugh!
What we can offer you:
One-to-one mentoring in each area, which leads to:
- A broad range of essential and transferable business skills.
- An exceptional understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Opportunity to advance your career at a pace much faster than in a large corporate.
- The scheme provides flexibility, variety and excitement, giving you considerable responsibility from day 1.
Flexible (Autumn 2017)
Our Hiring Process
No assessment centres – we promise!
Stage 1: a simple online numerical reasoning test
Stage 2: 15-minute 'phone conversation where we find out a bit more about you
Stage 3: a half-hour interview at our offices, followed by a mini-questionnaire/test
How to apply:
Please send a detailed two-page CV by clicking the 'Apply' button