Spitfire was founded in 1988 in London; the company specialises in providing Telecoms and IP Engineering Solutions to a wide range of small and medium sized businesses.
Spitfire is an owner-managed business with its own network infrastructure and established offices in Stockwell, London, and the West Midlands. Spitfire has grown from a start-up to a business with £26m turnover, over 6000 business customers, and 100 members of staff.
Spitfire is looking for graduates to train as Engineering Account Managers as part of its Graduate Sales Scheme in September 2018 to assist in growing Spitfire’s Internet and Voice business. This is a really exciting opportunity and would be ideal for someone who is driven and keen to develop a long term career in Engineering Sales and Account Management.
Successful applicants will undergo an in depth engineering and sales training programme with monthly targets and related bonuses on top of basic salary. The initial training programme is completed over a six month period, and consists of both classroom training and hands-on application. As competency increases Graduates will take on their own existing customer base and start to earn target-based commission on top of a competitive basic salary.
Engineering Account Managers are responsible for the full sales cycle, from customer acquisition and technical pre-sales consultation, to quoting and closing the deal.
Location: London, SW9
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hour week, permanent full time
- Learn, assimilate and keep up to date with industry technology
- Grow and cross sell Spitfire’s products into new customers and existing customer base via telephone and customer facing meetings
- Meet and exceed set sales targets and sales activities
- Identify sales opportunities within the existing base in order to capitalise on maximum sales growth
- Understand and keep abreast of competition, their issues, products and pricing
- Provide support and day to day account management to allocated customers
- Assist other departments in resolving customer issues to help retain clients
- Prepare written presentations, customer demonstrations, costs saving analyses, and product quotations
- Regularly log all sales leads and manage these on a day to day basis
- Update and provide accurate sales order and forecasting figures
Requirements & Capabilities
- Graduate with Maths A Level or equivalent STEM subject
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with new customers
- Able to prioritise workloads and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Passionate about technology
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Have excellent work ethic and a strong desire to be successful
Benefits of Working at Spitfire
- Spitfire offer excellent earning potential and reward generously for success and hard work
- As a company we provide our Trainee Engineering Account Managers with structured engineering and sales training, both on the job and via external courses
- Our Sales Teams enjoy various motivational competitions and incentive schemes
- We believe that everyone plays a part in contributing to the success of our business, and therefore we are dedicated to the personal and professional development of all of our employees
- All graduates obtain professional engineering qualifications, which are widely recognised and allow them to develop extensive product knowledge and understanding to become the best in the industry
- Our offices are modern and open plan with fantastic views towards the City of London
- We also provide Permanent Health Insurance aftertwo years continuous employment
- Staff have access to discounts on TV and broadband packages
- There is a gym next door for which Spitfire employees do not need to pay a joining fee
- Successful applicants will be eligible to apply for a graduate welcome bonus as well as a rental deposit loan
Our sales team is primarily made up of graduates who have developed their careers with Spitfire, and whilst they like to work hard, they also like to socialise regularly visiting nearby pubs and playing various team sports.
Find out more about what it is like to work in sales at Spitfire by clicking the link below.