Application Support Analyst
UK Defence Academy - Swindon
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
Full time, 37 hours
£20,000 to £28,000 dependant on experience
Please note - Working from home is NOT an option with this role.
The job opportunity:
The Application Management Analyst is responsible for the day to day support of all bespoke and specified COTS business applications used at the Defence Academy. A key part of the role is the full business improvement lifecycle for service enhancements to COTS applications, including requirements, design, build, test, and implementation (both technical and business aspects). Strategic COTS applications are Power BI, SharePoint 2016, TOPdesk and CAFM Explorer.
- Handling and resolving application support calls
- SharePoint 2016 tasks
- COTS configuration (TOPdesk and CAFM Explorer) including process enhancements
- Data extracts and reports
- Contribute to the process of continual improvement to ensure we are maximising the potential of our COTS products
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Rigorous and thorough with an attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills along with good interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn new skills
- Call Management / Facilities Management systems particularly TOPdesk or CAFM Explorer
- SharePoint – any version
- Transact SQL
- Microsoft Power BI and Excel
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt or above, or process mapping experience
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.