- Located near Whitechapel Tube Station/Zone 1
Bulb is making energy simpler, cheaper, greener. We’re changing the way the energy industry treats customers and saving the planet. Our Energy Specialists are responsible for Bulb’s member experience and most of our operational tasks. Bulb is different; we recognise that delivering amazing support and a simple digital experience makes for loyal members who recommend us to their friends and family.
As an Energy Specialist at Bulb, you’ll embark on a career that will teach you huge amounts about member experience, service design, technology and the energy industry.
• Communicating with members by email, phone and online chat for example, handling queries relating to signups and tariffs
• Liaising with other suppliers about switch-related issues
• Account management including updating personal details, explaining and investigating bills, managing direct debits and taking card payments
• Dealing with a large range of meter related queries, from meter readings to emergency meter jobs
• Spotting opportunities to improve our processes and products to make our members happier and escalating these as appropriate
• Addressing member's concerns and handling complaints sensitively but efficiently
Why work for Bulb?
• You’ll learn operational tasks that in another company would be handled by over 10-15 different departments
• You’ll be expected to take the initiative and rise to different challenges each day
• You’ll help Bulb’s members on the phone, email, and online chat
• You’ll work in small teams to find and deliver improvements to our tools and processes - driving improvements in efficiency and member experience
• You’ll learn vast amounts about the way the energy industry works, but also how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers
• At Bulb, we want to hire people able to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable working in a changing environment.
• You’re a self-starter with a record of exciting achievements. This may be academic achievements but could be something else entirely
• You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
• You have excellent communication and writing skills
• You’re comfortable with numbers and learning new technology
• You’re reliable, energetic and able to prioritise effectively
• You relish the idea of self-learning and personal development
Perks of the job:
• Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
• Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
• Competitive salary, share options and bonus
• 25 days holiday
• Enhanced parental leave
• Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
• Complimentary Tea, Coffee and Fruit
Included in qualification
After your Business Administration apprenticeship progress into HR, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing & PR, Real Estate, Personal Assistant, Office Management, Business Management. Most of the above can be completed in a higher-level qualification.