Reporting to Executive and/or Manager
The Outsourcing team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
To assist senior members of the Outsourcing department with client work and ad hoc tasks.
Clients and relationships
- Ensures that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities.
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge out rates, so that all time spent is accurately recorded and jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Basic knowledge of double entry
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries, under supervision.
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations and cashbook analysis
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) .
- Have an awareness of how the BSO team works with other departments within the firm
- Prepare cheque runs and payments using BACS system
- Ensure that invoices, payments and bank summaries are prepared on a timely basis
- Be aware of and comply with the firm’s policies at all times
- Record time accurately using the Practice Management System
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Be aware of the firm’s risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
Attributes, Requirements, skills
- Study for the AAT
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 5 or above (grade A*-C with a C or above on pre-2017 tariff) in English Language and Maths (or international equivalent
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (260 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel
- Proven knowledge of computerised accounting systems such as Sage Line 50
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Be able to ask questions in order to increase knowledge
- Team worker
To apply submit an application via our careers site. Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.