Reporting to Executive and/or Manager
The Outsourcing team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
To assist senior members of the Outsourcing department with client work and ad hoc tasks.
Clients and relationships
- Ensures that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities.
Team management and development
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge out rates, so that all time spent is accurately recorded and jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Basic knowledge of double entry
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries, under supervision.
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations and cashbook analysis
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) .
- Have an awareness of how the BSO team works with other departments within the firm
- Prepare cheque runs and payments using BACS system
- Ensure that invoices, payments and bank summaries are prepared on a timely basis
- Be aware of and comply with the firm’s policies at all times
- Record time accurately using the Practice Management System
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Be aware of the firm’s risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
The grade descriptors are generic and developed to find commonality across all areas of the business.
- May be studying towards a professional qualification or possesses commensurate professional experience
- Developing ‘on-the-job’ knowledge of the technical procedures and application for own subject area, gained through experience
- Undertakes straightforward tasks within clearly defined procedures, paying close attention to detail
- Understands how own duties relate to others in immediate work area
- Makes judgement by selecting between pre-defined solutions to ensure accuracy and quality of the tasks executed
- Communicates and exchanges information with colleagues in immediate work area
- Developing vocational skills which require supervision
Attributes, Requirements, skills
- Study for the AAT
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 5 or above (grade A*-C with a C or above on pre-2017 tariff) in English Language and Maths (or international equivalent
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (260 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel
- Proven knowledge of computerised accounting systems such as Sage Line 50
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Be able to ask questions in order to increase knowledge
- Team worker
It is deemed that you accept and agree the content of this job description is accurate, unless you raise a query within 30 days of receipt. The firm reserves the right to amend the content of this job description to meet the needs of the business.