- Located near Aldgate Tube Station
About AIB (Allied Irish Banks PLC):
We are one of Ireland’s major retail banks serving personal, business and corporate customers. We offer a range of banking products and services such as mortgages, savings and business banking.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse and fun place to work. We are changing from the inside out to become a Bank that people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers.
Our Apprenticeship scheme has been designed to help you develop the behaviours that will help your growth thought-out the programme and beyond. We offer rotations into different roles, providing you with plenty of opportunities to expand your experience, your knowledge and build your network across the organisation.
Each apprentices will have 4 x 6 month job rotations in areas of the business such as:
• Corporate Banking
• Finance / Human Resources / Strategy / Customer Advocacy
Roles and responsibilities:
• Credit UK CC Admin / Portfolio Analysis
• Scheduling UKCC Bi weekly meetings, uploading papers, liaising with stakeholders uploading minutes, following through on actions
• Supporting the risk reporting governance process through collation of data and reporting for key calendar dates Credit Assurance
• Supporting assurance framework through activities including: reviewing output of centre/corporate Monthly Business Risk Meetings have been uploaded to SharePoint.
• Collating data into regional and Business Risk Meetings
• Reviewing Covenant tracker and data outputs.
• Notetaking on WLR and following through on actions outstanding from the above to track to completion.
• Supporting the FX team, through logging and responding to queries, monitoring
2. Corporate Banking
• Supporting the team in servicing existing customers and winning new business.
• Activities will include: researching prospective customers on the internet, preparing packs for presentation to credit committees,
• Strong interpersonal skills ability to establish rapport with all staff.
• Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent organisational skills
• Team player but can work effectively individually
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritise workload
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team player
• Demonstrates confidentiality
• Ability to display initiative, proactivity and professionalism
• Dedicated, with the ability to use initiative and to work autonomously.