Information on the company
This start-up business is an online platform which allows its users to plan their wedding in one place, comparing suppliers, venues, managing budgets and guest lists, helping take stress out of the big day. This exciting company is the latest creation of a highly successful serial entrepreneur and has already been featured in Cosmopolitan, Grazia and Bazaar to name three.
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,400 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
Joining this well-funded tech start-up is a hugely exciting proposition for an ambitious, passionate self-starter looking to join an early stage company.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Business intelligence and data analysis
• Website analytics and optimisation suggestions to increase brand awareness and drive more traffic to the company platform
• Liaise with the company’s developers on site improvements and user experience testing
• Get involved with building the most comprehensive directory the events industry has ever seen giving the company a huge competitive advantage at targeted advertising campaigns.
• Using the company’s CRM system and in depth industry library you will use this information to create comprehensive supplier profiles e.g. what categories each fall into, what criteria is of interest, what images to show based on relevant tag system. This is cutting edge marketing and will be an amazing learning curve for the right candidate.
• Daily ad hoc tasks of the whirlwind of a start-up
Desired skills, experience and personality:
• Educated to degree level, science or numerical based subjects are preferred
• A strong enthusiasm for the start-up environment, web technologies and innovation
• Keen to learn, adapt and apply yourself to new challenges
• Good at thinking on your feet and solving problems in a fast-paced environment
• Highly organised, comfortable with multi-tasking and have good attention to detail
• Previous work experience in business, preferably a start-up is preferred.
• Any form of coding skills are a bonus but by no means a pre-requisite.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Join a fast growth tech start-up, working closely with the company director who has a brilliant track record as a tech entrepreneur.
• You will be given more responsibility than by joining larger companies and thus will fast-track your commercial work experience over this internship period, which will in turn kick start your career.