Information on the company
A growing medical publishing company specialising in unleashing the power of genetics and aiming to bring medical benefit to patients by educating scientists, clinicians and research leaders from healthcare, academic and government organisations on the latest gene related scientific developments. The company does this through a free magazine, series of e-books, website content and a series of events.
This is an entry level graduate job paying £25,000 + annual commission of up to £11,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the Publishing Team as a Business Development Manager and be responsible for growing the accounts of small and medium sized clients whilst also looking to generate new business revenue and clients. This is a great time to be joining the team that is growing its revenue by 46% year on year, and working across high growth markets in Life Sciences and Technology.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Build relationships with an existing client base across the Genomics vendor landscape.
• Generate and qualify new sales leads for new business.
• Write and send effective email sales drivers.
• Hit weekly KPIs for call times and qualified proposals.
• Work towards monthly and quarterly sales targets.
• Portfolio selling: manage and take ownership of the annual sales cycle.
• Be available for international travel to events and exhibitions.
• Monitor competitors and market conditions.
• Contribute towards the creation of new publishing products based on client feedback and demand.
• Work with the marketing team on developing sales drivers and ways of sourcing new leads via social channels.
What are the ideal candidate’s skills, experience and personality?
• Educated to degree level, with a preference for Science based degrees but this is not a pre-requisite.
• Prior experience working in B2B advertising sales, either digital or print, would be advantageous.
• Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
• A strong commercial mind and someone who will gather the correct information from a client to be able to pitch the right product and agree the deal.
• Ambitious, driven to succeed, passionate about growth.
• A good negotiator with the ability to successfully deal with client challenges.
• A professional standard of presentation at all times.
• Well organised and prepared.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work comfortably under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to identify new revenue opportunities.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• You will join the company at a great time, they’re two years into to the journey of growing a successful medical publishing business and have already grown a team of 15 so the initial hard work of launching the company is done and now it’s a case of expansion!
• The subject of genetics and genomics are ones which humans know very little yet they will become central to our survival and so companies exploring this knowledge base are set for huge growth as this research becomes more paramount to understanding disease and medical advancements.