Service Area: Social Care Commissioning
Full Time/Part time/Job Share considered
Salary: from £16,800 - £19,000 Negotiable
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team operating in the heart of the City Centre to deliver Business Support Services to our Social Care Commissioning team.
We are looking for a resilient individual with excellent communication skills to contribute to the smooth and effective running of this vital service.
Serco works on behalf of and in partnership with Peterborough City Council to transform the quality of local services for our citizens. This team helps Adults with social care needs access the support they require to live independently in the community, and to receive the tailored care packages they require. In order to provide the best possible level of care, this team need highly organised administration support.
- To liaise with and provide an effective and professional personal and telephone interface with Members of the Council, senior officers and representatives of external organisations.
- To receive, prioritise and deal with telephone calls and correspondence, including replying on behalf of the team.
- To assist with the preparation and organisation of presentations, seminars and other events.
- To assist with the booking of meeting rooms, send invites and chase delegates when no response. Meet and greet will also be required in this role.
- To prepare agendas, organise presentations and refreshments, attend and minute meetings, as and when required. This may include travelling to meetings across Cambridgeshire.
- To help team with statistics using spreadsheets and charts.
- To maintain/update contact lists.
- To build good working relationships across Peterborough City Council and Cambridgeshire County Council.
You do not need specific Business Support or Social Care experience - we are more interested in your attitude and professionalism. However, the following skills/experience would be advantageous:
- Experience using Microsoft/Google packages
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Resilient and able to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
****Serco actively promotes work based learning and development and will work in conjunction with individuals to build a development plan for their career****
As well as a chance to develop personally we also offer the following benefits:
- Assisted funds to study
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount on mobile phone providers
- Theme park discounts @ Merlin attractions
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.