Information on the company
An award winning fintech start-up specialising in providing business finance to help small businesses grow further and faster. In 5 years the company has already lent over £150m through their award winning technology platform. After raising capital to grow the business and recently opening operations in Germany, Spain, Poland this is a fantastic time to join the business.
This is a permanent graduate job with a starting salary of £22k.
How can you expect to spend your day?
The rapidly expanding broker team offers exceptional levels of service to a host of financial intermediaries across the UK and it accounts for a substantial proportion of the company’s revenues.
As a Client Services Assistant for the Broker Channel you’ll be involved in all stages of the customer journey. Using knowledge of the company’s product and their market leading systems, you will provide their brokers with an in-depth understanding of product benefits, customer eligibility, and use cases.
You will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment, working closely with both external clients and internal teams. Building relationships, client satisfaction and speed are all key. You will also have excellent opportunities to help shape and develop the future of this valuable channel.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
- Pre-screening applications, ensuring the broker provides all necessary business documents for a credit review.
- Providing timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries.
- Providing new brokers with excellent product training and support to maximise lead flow.
- Working closely with the Credit and Account Management teams to improve conversion rates and broker satisfaction.
- Supporting the Broker Channel Managers to achieve the best experience for brokers.
- Helping to create, build, and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with the company’s top brokers.
- Assisting with organising and attending Broker entertainment/Industry events across the country.
What are the desired skills, experience, and personality for this role?
- Educated to degree level.
- A strong team player who is able to effectively communicate both orally and in written form.
- As you will be working closely with customers, you will need to be a confident and strong communicator.
- Proactive self-starter eager to be part of a dynamic team, making a difference to UK SMEs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly establish relationships and influence clients.
- Great attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Brilliant time-management and organisational skills.
- Experience in a similar fast paced, customer facing role is desirable but not a pre-requisite.
- Proven experience within the Financial Services industry desirable but not a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of the UK business finance market (including their competitors) is a plus.
What are the perks of working for this company?
- Join an award-winning team of over 120 diverse, smart, ambitious and humble people motivated to grow an amazing business.
- Activities such as Pool, Foosball, and Ping Pong.
- A relaxed environment with plenty of space to chill out.
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (healthy and unhealthy).
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts around Oxford Circus.
- Cycle to work scheme for great value bikes.
- Various sports teams including football and climbing.
- A super smart team of really nice people.
- Company work retreats to great destinations, such as the French Alps for some January skiing, or the Balearic Islands for some late summer sun.
- 25 days holiday a year plus a day off for your birthday - they want you fresh and fully charged.
- Having raised $20m this is an exciting time to join the team as they continue to expand.