An opportunity has arisen to join the Commercial & Subsidence Claims Team in our Gloucester office. As a Claims Handler you will take ownership of claims, managing a varied caseload with exposure to the full claims process from first notification to settlement. Your time as a Claims Handler will develop your knowledge of the field through the variety of claims encountered, from glass shop fronts to casualty, subsidence and occupational disease claims.
Working with a range of both internal and external customers, excellent verbal and written skills, along with strong interpersonal and telephone skills are essential. You will work as part of a wider team utilising one another's knowledge and experiences to find best resolutions for both customer and company. As a Claims Handler you will have responsibility for maintaining your own personal development alongside a structured and proactive training programme and coaching from your manager.
Here are some of the accountabilities of the Claims Handler role:
To be successful in being considered for the Claims Handler role you need:
- Provide all customers, internal and external with excellent customer service.
- Take ownership of complaints and record details accurately and resolve where possible in line with company policy
- Make informed decisions regarding paying and rejecting claims up to handler authority limit.
- Proactively manage and identify any recovery opportunities.
- Ensure claims processes are followed in accordance with FCA regulations.
- Act as a referral point for other less experienced members of the department.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Commercial & Subsidence Claims Handler role based in Gloucester:
- Strong knowledge of basic insurance principles, 2 years experience within the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of claims is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills, over the phone and email.
- Good understanding of a commercial and/ or subsidence claims environment, including protocols and legislation.
- Able to work proactively and independently.
- Background in managing caseload.
- Strong investigation skills with the ability to professionally negotiate with internal and external customers and suppliers.
Our people enjoy a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options such as a company pension, 23 days' holiday (rising to 25 days after 3 years) with the ability to buy an additional 5 days, a personal car lease option, health and dental plans, life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up or down, and a discretionary annual bonus. Our people enjoy discounted gym membership as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com and make the most of our Wellbeing activities and Sports and Social Club events. We have also introduced our "Dress for Your Day" policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds. About #AgeasUK
We're an award-winning, international insurer with key markets in Europe and Asia and go back a fair bit too - almost 200 years. Fast-forward to today and we're proud to be one of Europe's top 20 insurance companies. Our UK team of 4,000, stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our most important people - our customers. We're recognised for our excellent insurance cover and being easy and straightforward to deal with. Plus, we understand the need for choice, which is why our insurance can be bought with us directly, and through aggregator sites as well as through our broker relationships and our leading partnership brands. We have around 5 million customers and have a first-class attitude when it comes to being there for them when they need us most. Don't just take our word for all this though. We've scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running which speaks volumes about our dedicated teams across our UK offices based in London, Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Port Solent. Click on the 'Apply button' to be considered for our Commercial & Subsidence Claims Handler opportunity at Ageas in Gloucester.