They work with some of the most prominent public and private corporations in the world to make devise communication strategies that support their objectives and growth. Their work helps clients to get their message across (internally and externally) to create a positive impact. They also work with individuals to build their reputation in advance of a career move or giving them advice across business and philanthropic activities.
As a Consultant you will have the experience and skills to immediately join a growing team and hit the ground running, taking ownership of accounts and liaising with clients. Contributing to your client’s vision and strategic development of communications you will then oversee the strategy being executed. Managing the workload and priorities on an account you will manage up and down, ensuring the wider team is working most effectively.
- Management of several accounts, ensuring clarity on everyone’s workloads and responsibilities, leading internal meetings, and skilled in managing client calls. Responsible for the day-to-day management of accounts.
- Intimate knowledge of the media and external environment within which the client operates
- Creative input to the development of communications strategies
- Managing and directing media relations on specific client accounts and events (releases, launches, etc.) as well as building relationships with the media more generally
- Beginning to build their own network of contacts useful to clients and the company
- Handling press announcements/statements including media sell-in/pitches and overseeing a team of analysts
- Providing strategic analysis of the communications challenges that clients or new business prospects face
- Degree educated 2:1 or higher from a top university
- 2 years’ experience in-house or consultancy
- Experience in any of the following; financial PR, corporate communications, public affairs or media led campaigns
- A deep knowledge of current affairs and the media landscape
- Experience of managing social media accounts and websites (including website builds)
- Demonstrable experience in managing accounts and work load delegation
- Proficient with communications platforms such as Factiva, Gorkana, Roxhill, Precise etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to deal with external and internal stakeholders, journalists etc.
- To be in line with and clearly promote the business’ objectives and values