Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a strategic business unit in Process Automation Solutions (PAS). HPS improves the safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. With more than 12,000 employees in 120 countries, HPS offers a full range of industry-leading automation and control solutions and advanced software applications to key vertical industries, including oil & gas, mining, refining, pulp & paper, power, chemical, and life sciences.
What are we looking for?
We have a great opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer to join our engineering team based in Bracknell, England with opportunities to progress into the wider Honeywell group.
What will you be doing?
- You will work in a team of multi-discipline engineers and ensure that the engineered solution meets project requirements, across all disciplines.
- You will act as collaborate with customers, establishing technical and professional relationships.
- You will be the technical interface to 3rd party suppliers to assure correct functionality of the 3rd party end results including the correct integration of those results in Honeywell systems or solutions.
- You will make sure that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, goals, schedule, budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- You will report progress and technical problems and/or changes to project manager.
·An engineering degree preferably in Automation and Control, although other engineering degrees, or qualifications will be considered
- Application software and hardware design experience, or knowledge of through education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised
- Experience in the design and development of distributed control systems
- Experience dealing with customers and project life cycles
- Ability to produces functional and detailed design specifications and provide technical support and expertise for the project team.
- Experience working as a technical consultant with external suppliers to ensure correct functionality and integration.
- Corporate experience working for industry leading matrix organisation.
- Additional languages would be a benefit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.