They are one of the world’s largest youth independent football media businesses, which reaches more than 80 million fans around the world! They believe that football is the universal language and define the football agenda. It entertains, informs and celebrates football and its fans in ways they love and the places they live.
The Media department is responsible for delivering paid, owned & earned media campaigns on behalf of their Clients (both internal and external). External clients include Brands, Agencies and Broadcaster/OTT partners. Internally, the department works closely with our Editorial and Creative functions and is a key partner for their Commercial function.
You'll be responsible for liaising externally with clients, demonstrating our media capabilities, planning and buying campaigns, developing best practice media strategy and delivering campaign management excellence. This is a unique opportunity to help establish a brand new, pivotal department within the most exciting media business in football.
Ultimately this role is leading the delivery of all paid activity for them and their clients. Building innovative and best in class campaign architecture and tactics through to optimisation and insightful campaign reviews that help the sales/client service team to secure further budget.
Biddable Activation and Influencer media planning and buying:
- Responsible for all activation, optimisation and reporting, ensuring best practice across the board.
- Develop client media strategies to help define and set clear KPIs for campaigns.
- Create clear plans and presentations for clients, internal agency teams and client servicing departments detailing how a client’s objectives will be met through social channels.
Client – facing responsibility:
- Liaise externally with clients, demonstrating their Media capability and communicating best practice and media strategy.
- Act as a key partner of internal Sales and Creative teams, ensuring that best in class Media delivery is an integral part of our client projects.
- Attend and represent the team at external and internal client meetings where necessary.
Media platform relationship management:
- Support in building effective working relationships for media operations with our partners at Google / YouTube, Facebook / Instagram / Twitter and emerging social content amplification platforms.
- Arrange and attend regular catch ups with our priority partners to ensure they continue to deliver the best in class campaigns and identify potential alpha / beta trials.
Product Development & New Business
- Keep abreast of developments in Social Media and the wider digital space.
- Help create case studies and award entries based on campaign results as appropriate.
- Contribute towards new business RFPs and pitches as required.
- Provide input into new Media product development, working closely with commercial, creative and editorial internal teams.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Biddable Activation, social media planning or biddable media remit preferred.
- Influencer marketing experience preferred.
- Passionate about and engaged with the fast changing world of social media, online video, and digital marketing.
- Practical expertise in planning and delivering campaigns on Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (working knowledge of YouTube and Facebook organic environments an advantage).
- Strongly numerate and comfortable manipulating data sets.
- Articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams. Comfortable showing what data means and how they can take action based upon it.
- Commitment to delivering first class work, and never leave a quality issue unchecked.
- Diligence and attention to detail in optimisation and reporting and all team output.
- Highly commercial - selling value, negotiation, client relationship management skills -knows how to be a trusted business advisor.