- Located near Bracknell Train Station
About Redwood Technologies:
The Redwood Technologies Group develops world-leading communications technology to enable organizations to engage with their customers at any time, from any place, and on any channel or device.
• Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
• Develop browser-based applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
• Use the company’s chosen methodology/process eg Agile.
• Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different browsers (versions), as necessary.
• Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
• Launch development projects, staying available to ensure success. Ensure all change processes are followed.
• Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
2. Maintenance & improvement
• Problem-solving and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
• Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, following internal change procedures at all times.
• Review colleagues’ code and work as required prior to changes.
• Build and maintain databases when relevant.
• Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform.
• Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
• Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
• Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.
• Good attention to detail
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• Ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team.
• Able to understand the impact of functionality on customers/appreciate customer needs
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.