2019 Finance Graduate Scheme
RELX Group Finance and Accounting Graduate Scheme – Fast-track opportunities in a globally renowned FTSE100 group ranked #53 in Forbes Global Best Employers. Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Successful individuals will be given the opportunity to spend three years gaining experience in a multi-national finance team. Candidates will rotate across the business over the two year program trying a variety of placements. This will ensure they gain a broad knowledge of the market segments in which RELX operates before developing their career longer-term in their chosen function.
As part of the programme we will expect you to study for a professional accountancy qualification (ICAEW or CIMA) and complete the associate professional exams within the three years. Study leave and tuition support will be provided.
During the course of your three-year training programme you will be provided with regular feedback on progress, successes and development areas to ensure your continuous progress and development remains on track.
The placements will also provide a mix of experiences across the different components of a large finance organisation:
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Financial planning and analysis – identifying key trends in data, presenting financial results to convey key messages and support internal and external reporting
- Financial accounting – managing core financial controls and preparation of consolidated Group Accounts and statutory reporting. Establishing the core accounting technical skills and knowledge
- Management accounting – support the business leaders to track the performance of their markets with sound and insightful data and analysis, helping them to make risk and fact based decision-making. This requires the support finance team to gain a deep commercial understanding of the products and markets they are supporting
- Investment reviews – preparing data and financial modelling for assessment of both organic and M&A investments to ensure capital is invested wisely and delivers appropriate returns
- Budgeting and forecasting – utilise multiple data sets and input from various partners to assist and build reliable and flexible forward-looking forecasts (short, mid and long term)
- Monthly reporting and consolidation – preparation and review of monthly reports for various stakeholders
- Transaction services – gain an understanding of managing and collecting debts, back office processing and controls of payments and procurement
- Ad hoc experience in other specialist functions such as tax, treasury and corporate finance
- Working across a range of our businesses and finance functions will provide experience of financial reporting, planning and control tools
Finance roles works with a vast selection of individuals and functions across the business, hence we need strong communicators, with the ability listen to and digest differing opinions and data. High quality businesses continue to evolve and innovate and these roles will suit someone who is adept at change and able to drive continuous improvement in whatever role, task or project they are supporting:
- First and foremost you should be a recent graduate.
- You should have achieved or be expecting a minimum of 2:1 at degree level or equivalent. Finance, accounting or business related degrees are preferable. STEM (All Sciences, Technology, Economics, Math’s) also considered.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to perform self-review with strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer-literate with strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Actively challenging the status quo and initiating change.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workflow around tight deadlines.
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about RELX career-wise is that we’re a business made up of leading providers of information and analytics for a wide array of customer and markets. This breath will enable you to develop in three dimensions: vertically through the business, across different products/markets, and across different functions within finance. We’re also a global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.General RELX benefits package
About RELX Group
- Regular incremental pay progression as experience and professional qualification progresses
- Additional study / exam days leave
- Full support for professional institute fees (ICAEW or CIMA), exam entry fees (first attempt). Core learning materials and external tuition fees for external course provider for taught and revision elements of each stage of your professional qualification
RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across a broad range of industries globally. We help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives and insurance companies offer customers lower prices. We save taxpayers and consumers money by preventing fraud and help executives forge commercial relationships with their clients.
Our goal is to help our customers make better decisions, get better results and be more productive. We do this by demonstrating a deep understanding of our customers to create innovative solutions which combine content and data with analytics and technology in global platforms. These solutions often account for about 1% of our customers’ total cost base but can have a significant and positive impact on the economics of the remaining 99%.
The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in c.40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom half are in North America. RELX PLC is a FTSE100 company with annual group revenue of c. £6BN and market capitalisation of c.£36BN.
We operate in four major market segments: Scientific, Technical and Medical; Risk and Business Analytics; Legal; and Exhibitions.
RELX are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SALARY: Competitive with extensive benefit package and regular pay reviews.LOCATION: London and Surrey
HOW TO APPLY DETAILS:
- Please click the apply button and adhere to the below guidelines
- Candidates MUST submit their CV with a brief cover letter outlining the following:
- What interests you about the Graduate placement you have applied for?
- What skills /experience do you have that makes you suitable for the position
The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment centre. The assessment centre will commence in February 2019.
The start date for this role will be September 2019