We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Global Marketing Apprentice role at Warner Music Group UK.
In this role you will be a key member of the global marketing team, contributing to the team’s goals and strategy and assisting in relation to the responsibilities of the Global Marketing team in West London.
At Warner Music UK we are committed to developing new talent and are passionate about providing opportunities which allow you to experience first-hand what it’s like to work at one of the most dynamic and forward-thinking music companies in the world. We pride ourselves in providing a diverse, exciting and stimulating working environment. We are an organisation of music lovers who thrive on the new ideas and innovations that enrich our company, campaigns and extraordinary musical output. We are seeking creative individuals who are as passionate as we are about a career in the music business.
The Global Marketing department supports all international repertoire teams and territories. The team facilitate global planning, digital marketing and advertising, content creation and global reports to assist and drive our focus to building streams, sales and revenues for our artists.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near High Street Kensington Station, London.”You will be given the opportunity to learn from a wide range of experienced industry professionals and to get your hands dirty whilst learning from the best! You will be a critical member of the team, providing support across a variety of daily tasks, campaigns and initiatives. We like to think this experience is a good warm up to working life.”
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Manage and maintain charts and sales information to flow into the song and album tracker
- Run playlist tracker to manage and influence where tracks are placed on Spotify playlists
- Manage all digital advertising for the team and provide structured regular feedback reports to the territories
- Working with the team on social media strategy for international artists campaigns across platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Working with the team on editorial and copywriting for mixtapesunite.com and other multi-artist initiatives
- Creating Purchase Orders and maintaining budgets. Dealing with enquiries relating to the invoices and liaising with the invoice department of finance
- Management of creative assets and communications on availability and formats (either on Box or other platforms)
- Aid in digital advertising implementation and reporting & advise territories on how best to spend budgets
- Attend team meetings, take minutes and circulate after updating when required
- Take notes on the weekly global marketing call with Europe/South Africa, and fortnightly calls with Latin America and SE Asia, and distribute to team
- Assist Global Marketing team and international Repertoire teams in preparing Global Marketing Plan templates and collating and analysing on their return from the territories
- Ordering of stock from the distribution warehouse
- Bikes/cars - ordering bikes and organising couriers when requested in line with company procedure
- Arranging meetings and looking after visitors when they arrive, i.e. offering the hospitality of tea or coffee
- Assist in managing and facilitating phoners and promo visits
- Arrange and co-ordinate diaries, arrange all meeting schedules, booking meeting rooms etc.
Hours 9 am to 6 pm, Monday-Friday.
Training and future prospects
- Digital Marketer Advanced Standard.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
- Creative individuals with a passion for music and ready to bring lots of new ideas to the table
- You will have great organisational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- First class communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong desire to learn and develop a skill set in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who is happy to ‘muck in’ – no task is too big or small
- Skilled in using spreadsheets specifically excel with an understanding of ‘vlookups’ & ‘sumifs’
- Able to work autonomously, with minimal supervision, be pro-active and take initiative
- Analytical and enjoys understanding the ‘story’ from data available
- Interest in other creative industries also a plus e.g. graphic design, fashion, photography