A World Class Team Building Gatwick's Future
Gatwick Airport is the UK's second largest airport and the most efficient single-runway airport in the world. We operate a 24 hour fast paced, busy and exciting environment and employ a vast range of talented people to help keep the airport running.
We are looking for Graduate Engineers to join our Construction team 2019 Graduate Programme. With passenger growth over the last 10 years consistently rising and our forecast for the coming years showing the same trend, it's vital that our business continues to grow our infrastructure capacity to meet this increasing demand. You will play a part in this across various construction programmes including Terminals, Airfield, Baggage, Retail and Car Parks.
As well as giving you exposure to innovative projects in an exciting and fast paced environment we can also offer you:
- A foundation for a career in engineering
- Route to Chartership
- Defined career path to senior roles in construction
- Opportunity to build your portfolio of skills and experience by exposure across different projects
- High environmental and safety standards
- Challenging and inspirational environment – an excellent environment to gain skills and offer ideas
- Visibility to management
The role will also involve you:
- Building a wide range of contacts internally and externally
- Understanding what makes the airport work including the inner workings and behind the scenes
- Developing your project management skills through being involved in complex projects in a constrained operational environment
- Working on multi-million projects and be involved from conception to completion.
- Being part of a supportive and collaborative team working together to deliver infrastructure projects
- Rotating across Construction and Engineering and experiencing different roles across different Programmes
- Ensuring all construction has minimal disruption to passengers
- Keeping up with the pace of working in a busy airport
You will have:
Masters level in
- Mechanical Engineering – 2:1
- Civil Engineering – 2:1
- Construction Management – 2:1
- Other Engineering discipline – 2:1
- Good working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is a requirement
- Some general awareness and knowledge of:-
- Health Safety & Environmental issues associated with the Construction industry.
- Construction techniques, constructability issues & contractual arrangements.
- Techniques require to administer a contract and certify payments to Contractors
Our people are passionate about Gatwick too. We love what we do! We would love you to join us.