Graduate Recruitment Consultant – City Finance. Join a niche search firm, with a wealth of experience and track record, focusing on tax, private equity and senior finance. The business, located in the heart of the city of London, is currently made up of three partners and five non-partners and they are looking for a graduate recruitment consultant / associate to join them.
The graduate recruitment role:
- you will be an integral part of the specialist tax team
- working alongside a senior director and two others
- amazing client base ranging from rapidly-growing firms in the tech / digital space and often focused in fashion or retail (they are preferred suppliers to Asos) through to big corporates
- work across most of the world – a significant proportion of their placements are made in continental Europe, Asia, Middle East and Latin America
- your typical candidate will be in their mid-20s, very well educated at a top university who has spent time training in the Big Four and is now looking for their first move into industry
- all of the candidates you will engage with will be highly-skilled and will often look similar on paper, so you will need to assess their personality, their softer skills and whether they fit culturally with your clients
- it’s a soft sell, it’s about being honest and genuinely providing value through how you engage
- your candidates are very discerning when it comes to who they choose to engage with, so it is important that you are extremely credible, have researched well and learnt your space back-to-front
Benefits of being a graduate consultant in this firm:
- an opportunity to establish yourself in a very solid market for a long-term career
- a specialist business operating out of lovely offices in the heart of the Square Mile (old City of London)
- there is no cap on the level you could operate as a graduate recruitment consultant within this firm – likely salary range of the professionals you will engage with will be between from £50,000 through to £250,000
- very flat company structure – you will be working alongside some of the most experienced operators within their markets
- in this job, you will have the best technology to support you delivering at a high level
- the culture is mature and professional; it’s a very supportive, relaxed team environment with lots of sharing
- their markets are all about building relationships based on trust and this necessitates that you will get a lot of face time with your clients and candidates, meeting most days
- meetings can often be over lunch and if that’s with a client, expect it to be at one of the best restaurants in London (Ivy, Momo etc)
- this is definitely a place where you can build a graduate recruitment career of significance, one of their more recent hires is on track to bill £250k in her second full year as a consultant
- it’s very social with regular team nights out and events, a Partner day every couple of months (recently surfing trip, sky diving etc) and regular incentive trips, which in the past have included white water rafting and wine tasting
- Presence, polish and articulation (to be credible and get buy-in from switched-on and discerning professionals).
- graduated with a 2.1 or 1st (in Science, English, Maths, History, Law, Psychology etc) from a redbrick / Russell Group university
- Life experience – gained beyond, before or during university
Apply now! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to carve out a progressive graduate recruitment career with an executive search firm located in the heart of the city of London. Click Apply Now!
SuperGrad specialise in graduate recruitment consultant and trainee sales jobs in London.