To assist in the Project Management of set tasks and small projects achieving the successful delivery of a solution that is compliant with Customer, Contractual and Legislative requirements. Take responsibility for the effective planning and management of team performance and project schedule, cost and quality for allocated work packages.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Co-oordinating the activities of the IPT by establishing appropriate communication mechanisms, including meetings and reporting requirements.
- Establish clear success criteria/ objectives for each member of the IPT and for the IPT as a whole, identify and manage the dependencies between IPT members.
- Establish the tailored Lifecycle Management framework (Project Plans, WBS, OBS and Cost/Control Accounts) that governs the operation of the IPT
- Manage the planning, allocation and deployment of team members and workload.
- Ensuring the IPT is reviewed and adjusted in accordance with the changing needs of the Project.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and the achievement of the Project's economic-financial objectives, ensuring maximum value creation throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project within the contractual constraints/commitments agreed with the Customer.
- Monitoring and Control of all activities and costs, defining and implementing corrective (or "recovery") actions required to tackle any deviations from the planned activities.
- Manage and report the IPT's activities, including representation of the IPT at contract status reviews.
- Organise and coordinate internal Phase Reviews, Customer reviews and supplier reviews and manage all resultant actions to closure.
- Conduct effective Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring that all risks and opportunities are recorded, managed and tracked to closure. Where mitigation activities are required, ensure that adequate support is provided to ensure they are undertaken.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with Suppliers throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project
- Establish and maintain Internal/ external Customer Satisfaction by developing and maintaining relationships with the Customer community throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project.
- Establish an effective partnership between the Project and the Functions.
- Flag all issues/ areas for support in a timely manner.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
What’s in it for me?
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline such as Engineering Management, Electronic Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering with Management or Management or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar environment would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally
- Pro-active and results driven with a "can do" attitude
- Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.