McLaren Racing has one single mission: To win Grands Prix and World Championships. To design, build and operate a Formula One car at race-winning levels requires focus, ambition, imagination, dedication and attention to detail.
We're looking for a software engineer to help us take our bespoke software applications to the next level. You'll need an obvious passion for coding and a significant interest in new technologies. The role will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle from initial analysis to deployment, so you'll need to be able to elicit requirements and see them through to delivery using best practice agile techniques.
Software engineers near the start of their career will have the opportunity to be mentored by experienced members of the team.
- You have a strong academic background; BSc in Computer Science or equivalent discipline (2:1 or above)
- You’re a full stack developer and you know what good software architecture looks like, and why it's important
- You understand how to engineer quality software, and appreciate the benefits of automated tests and peer review
- You enjoy working with people to solve problems, choosing the simplest and most elegant approach then iterating
- You're flexible and adaptable, detail orientated, and get satisfaction from delivering to a high standard
- You recognise the importance of continuous learning and sharing that knowledge with others
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High proficiency with at least one backend language (ideally C#/.NET or Python)
- Experience using git in a collaborative environment (pull requests, git flow)
- Experience building maintainable codebases using the SOLID principles
- High competency in written and oral English language
- You've participated in development projects working with agile/lean methodologies
- Experience with microservice based architectures and Docker on Linux
- Experience using cloud technologies e.g. Microsoft Azure
- Experience with SQL and document databases e.g. SQL Server and MongoDB
- Experience of multi-threaded application development