We are currently looking for a graduate surveyor to join our machinery and business assets valuation and auction department.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to assist and conduct a variety of valuations and auctions within a wide range of industries around the globe. You will gain insight into how to market professional services to clients, build relationships and respond to client issues, whilst working closely with members of the Hickman Shearer team.
As a graduate surveyor in the valuation team you will:
- Work closely with the leaders and management of Hickman Shearer to assist with the valuation of machinery and business assets;
- Travel with team members throughout the UK and internationally to inspect clients’ assets;
- Undertake valuations of machinery and business assets across a wide range of industries;
- Develop MS Excel based models that can be utilized to analyze the value of major capital equipment assets;
- Create MS PowerPoint marketing presentations and proposals to potential clients;
- Undertake cost research;
- Draft written reports;
- Work closely with other members of team, including the asset management and online auctioneering department;
- Benefit from a structured training programme; and
- Opportunity to start a career as a chartered surveyor at a RICS regulated firm.
As part of the Tangible Asset Valuation team, the following skills will be essential:
- You must have or expect to gain a 2:2 degree;
- Desire to work in a small business environment, where your opinion is encouraged and valued;
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving;
- Advanced experience of MS office suite of programmes; Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
- Valid driving license; and
- Valid passport.
The following skills will be desirable:
- Undergraduate degree qualification in surveying or engineering will be desirable;
- High interest in plant and machinery and industrial processes; valuations, surveying and/or cost estimating;
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to succeed; and
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions.
To submit your CV, please click the 'Apply' button.