Salary: £20-24,000 plus generous benefits package (including 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays + excellent company pension + fully funded exam entries, preparation courses and training etc.)
The Company: Brook-Dobson Brear are a successful and expanding Chartered Financial Planning firm, established in 2006 and operating from contemporary offices on Hornbeam Park in Harrogate.They work as Personal Finance Directors for their clients, predominantly senior executives and business owners, helping them live truly successful lives through the delivery of life changing financial planning.
The role: This graduate trainee role is fundamental to the delivery of the core service of the business; namely delivering exceptional levels of service to demanding clients.This is a developmental role and the successful applicant will quickly gain exposure to all aspects of Brook-Dobson Brear’s life changing financial planning process.
The Graduate Trainee, Financial Planner (Analyst): The successful Candidate will be an exceptional graduate, committed to a career in the financial planning profession and the passing of professional exams which are a key element of this.The role will concentrate on developing your technical expertise, working closely with an experienced Financial Planner, and over the next 5 years you will train to become a Chartered Financial Planner, ready to lead client relationships and help clients achieve their future aspirations.
Graduate Trainee, Financial Planner (Analyst), responsibilities:
• Production of materials required for client forward planning meetings.
• The building and maintenance of clients’ lifetime cashflow models.
• Proof reading and collating reports and advice correspondence together with relevant administration materials required for implementation of recommendations.
• Assisting with preparation of materials for the quarterly investment committee meeting and any follow up work including drafting minutes.
• Researching, collating and analysing information from investment and policy providers to enable the construction of appropriate advice.
• Monitoring client investment portfolios
• Assisting with the production of accurate ad-hoc portfolio valuations.
• Assisting with the construction and maintenance of accurate client records.
• Corresponding directly with clients and other parties by email and post to field day to day actions or enquiries.
• Assisting the team on other ad-hoc projects such as the distribution of tax year end information required for client tax returns.
• Providing direct proactive day to day support to the team as required.
• Building knowledge of clients, office systems and procedures.
• Developing technical knowledge and the ability to apply it, culminating in the passing of professional exams.
Graduate Trainee, Financial Planner (Analyst), skills and experience:
· A 2.1 degree or above (in any subject, ideally from a leading Russell Group or equivalent university).
· A minimum of 280 UCAS points
· A recent graduate (2018 or within the last 5 years)
· The ability to demonstrate a keen interest in financial planning for individuals
· Work experience (although relevant work experience is not essential)
· Highly numerate, capable of excelling in a highly technical discipline
· Excellent report writing skills, the ability to translate a complex subject into lay terms
· Quick to learn, absorb and implement new concepts, knowledge and skills.
· Strong analytical skills, highly organised with fanatical attention to detail
· Adept with technology with the ability to quickly become proficient with new systems.
· A proactive, practical and pragmatic approach.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – oral and written.
· The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Dawn O’Shea is recruiting the Graduate Trainee, Financial Planner (Analyst), directly on behalf of Brook-Dobson Brear Ltd so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being short-listed you will be contacted within the next 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.