Claims Handler - First Notification of Loss
Our claims handlers are the face and, more importantly, the voice of our business when it comes to dealing with our customers. We are looking for passionate claims handlers to join our fast paced claims team based in Eastleigh.
Our Claims Handlers in our Claims department manage the commencement of claims ensuring the customer requirements and expectations are properly framed and understood. They provide guidance to customers on key components of the product, helping customer’s to make decisions to protect claims cost and where possible provide a one stop shop.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, and are curious to explore different ways to help our customers while considering the most cost effective way to settle claims. You must have the ability to talk customers in jargon free language, putting them at ease and resolving their query.
The main responsibilities of the Claims Handler role are
- Handling enquiries from our brokers, our service provider network and our partner organisations.
- Dealing with claims in the correct manner in accordance with all guidelines (Don’t worry - full training will be given)
- Managing spend against claims
- Dealing with challenging calls professionally and efficiently
- Providing cost effective solutions to customer demand
- Adding value to each call, ultimately moving the claim towards settlement.
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers.
- Identifying indicators of fraud and using questioning techniques to decide if the claim can be progressed or needs to be referred.
- Handling a large volume of calls to a high standard consistently.
The knowledge, skills and experience needed for the Claims Handlers role are
- Previous customer service experience would be an advantage.
- Minimum C grade in GCSE’s Maths and English – or equivalent.
- Ability to build rapport with customers.
- Confident telephone manner.
Here’s some of the perkz our Customer Service people tell us they enjoy
- Ageas pay and support in achieving the insurance industry recognised Chartered Insurance Institute qualification.
- Ongoing training is provided in helping support career development such as moving up the career ladder into senior and management roles or moving across functions into our support areas like IT, Marketing or HR.
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday.
- Employees are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- Ageas double the pension payments that employees make.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities – you’ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
- We have also introduced our “Dress for Your Day” policy which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds.
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial insurance products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We’re also partners in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers. Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, Ageas are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people in UK based offices in Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastleigh and London.
Operating hours between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 9am-5pm. Weekend work required.
Working a 37.5 hour week, shifts are provided at least 4 weeks in advance.