Are you interested in a career in software development? If you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and want to make an impact within a dynamic organisation, then AquaQ Analytics is for you. Founded in 2011, we have grown from 3 people to 80 people. We are a young company with a strong focus on developing our employees. We are urgently seeking talented, high performing graduates for roles across the UK.
We are looking for anyone from a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) background. Programming experience is beneficial but not necessary as our comprehensive training programming does not assume any prior programming experience. We are looking for logical thinkers and problem solvers. Training will be undertaken in our Belfast Head Quarters for an initial 5 week period. Applicants will learn the “q” programming language which is associated with the kdb+ time series database from kx systems (kx.com). The role will entail working with leading investment banks to capture, store, analyse and visualise huge volumes of data. Start date is ASAP.
For more information on what to expect please see our Graduate Case Studies: www.aquaq.co.uk/careers/#graduates.
• Working with business users to define requirements for new application functionality
• Developing, testing, supporting and maintaining all code for client applications
• Assisting the Project Manager with all aspects of project delivery
• Working as part of a team to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Analysing data and creating reports for clients, incorporating all findings
The profile of the people we are looking for is:
• Minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or any other scientific/engineering discipline
• Ability to learn new programming languages and financial concepts quickly, logical thinkers and problem solvers
• Familiarity with Software Development Methodologies
• Good knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle
• Detail-orientated, results driven and in possession of a can-do attitude
• Capable of working both independently and within a team
• Excellent client facing skills
• Prior experience of working in Capital Markets/Investment Banking is a plus but not essential
• All candidates must have a willingness to travel
In addition to highly competitive salaries we offer the following:
• Accelerated career progression /training and development plan
• Company pension plan
• Company bonus scheme
• Increasing holiday entitlement