Joining as a graduate you’ll be the future of the firm. To ensure you succeed we’ll provide the training and support you need, coupled with the responsibility and autonomy to allow you to grow. You’ll work with experienced professionals and face the kind of challenges that turn smart graduates into confident accountants. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification. We provide the opportunities you take them.
Our business tax team provide bespoke taxation services to clients and deal with queries from compliance through to high-level advisory work. You'll prepare tax returns and computations, carry out tax planning/consultancy work and deal with HMRC, clients and third parties.
- corporation tax computations at both provision and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- deferred tax calculations for inclusion in the final statements, as required
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including obtaining relevant information from audit files etc
- Assist in dealing with client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment adviceletters for review
- Assist with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review
- Ensure deadlines are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping
- Degree educated with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Competent at relevant computer applications e.g. Microsoft Office
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Your studies towards the ACA qualification may follow a government approved level 7 apprenticeship standard which encompasses all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a qualified Accountant. This would also include an additional End Point Assessment. More information can be found on the Gov.UK website.