2019 UX Graduate Scheme
We are looking for UX Graduates to join RBI. You will be given the opportunity to design, communicate and shape how users interact with our products. If you are successful you will join our graduate training scheme, where you will learn how to apply a user-centered design process in collaboration with RBI colleagues. You will work with a range of businesses, gaining a thorough understanding of our customers and creating deliverables which will help us to build products delivering great user experiences. The Global RBI UX Community works collectively to share knowledge and keep each other up to date with UX tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to this community as you develop your skills. Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Qualifications and person requirements:
- Identifying the goals, user journeys and information architecture for web/software/mobile app interfaces to meet the needs of our user personas.
- Creating low-fidelity sketches to demonstrate how users could interact with products.
- Creating detailed wireframes and interactive prototypes to evolve product design.
- Promoting best practice on usability and accessibility throughout RBI
- Running workshops to gather requirements and present design concepts to partners
- Running user research and usability testing to validate designs and update designs based on customer feedback
- Close collaboration with RBI colleagues in Product Management and Customer Insight
- First and foremost you should be a recent graduate.
- Achieved or be expecting a minimum of 2:1 at degree level or equivalent in a related discipline is desirable (e.g. product design, graphic design, interaction design, usability, HCI, user experience). Applicants from other backgrounds are urged to apply if you can demonstrate that you have design skills and interest in UX.
- Appreciation for users and passion for helping to create new digital products.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- An appreciation of UX design methodologies and trends.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with design software such as Axure, Balsamiq or similar.
- A portfolio showing examples of your work (can be coursework, work experience, personal blog etc).
- Placements rotate between London and Sutton and you will be expected to work from both at some stage.
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously. We want you to learn and progress quickly. We provide ongoing training and support to ensure you achieve and develop at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.About Reed Business Information:
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across the globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We’re a technology business with a passion for innovation and product development. We work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. With over 30,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Forbes have recently placed RELX as the UK’s #1 technology employer and #53 in their ‘World’s Best Employers’ list.
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signatory for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26% of our Technology workforce are women, much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events in school about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of women in tech
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Click on the link to find out more.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SALARY: Competitive with extensive benefit package and regular pay reviews LOCATION: London and Surrey
How to Apply:
- Please apply online via the Reed Business Information careers site for consideration.
- Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining the following :
1.What interests you about the Graduate role you have applied for?
2.What skills /experience do you have that makes you suitable for the position?
- The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment center. The assessment centers will commence in February 2019.
- The start date for these roles will be September 2019