IDS - part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL 2016, 2017 and 2018’
IDS are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Health and Safety Officer to join the team in Nuneaton. The role will be to provide professional advice on all aspects of health & safety in order to ensure the Company are working in line with the guidelines set through the ‘Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 – Duty of Care’, at all times. The role will involve managing the team and ensuring they are efficient within their day-to-day roles.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 7 years senior health and safety experience essential.
- Previous business/operations management experience essential, i.e. preferred knowledge within the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent organisation, planning, and presentation skill essential and must be a strong communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be a lateral thinker and a good problem solver.
- PC literate, experience with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Outlook Excel etc or equivalent.
- Ideally have additional qualifications in consumer safety and environmental legislation.
- At least 5 years proven people management experience is essential.
Key Results Areas
- Design and implement policies and procedures to ensure business continues to be aligned with all H&S legislation.
- Produce accurate reports on the group for SGBD and Paris in order to identify areas of concern, e.g. negative/positive trends within the business.
- Design and implement training strategies with the support of the H&S training team, in order to meet company objectives.
- Ensure senior management are aware of issues that may affect the business at any time, e.g. carry out presentations in order to gain management buy-in for new initiatives.
- Ensure culture of the business changes through the implementation and support of the H&S strategy, e.g. work towards ensuring branches take ownership for local H&S issues.
- Act on behalf of the company when dealing with local authorities and work with the companies legal team when dealing with issues relating to the ‘Police and Criminal Evidence Act’ (PACE).
- Undertake thorough investigations relating to all major accidents in order to defend the business against both civil and criminal claims.
- Ensure ‘best practice’ is maintained within the company at all times.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strangly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.