Information on the company
Our client is one of the UK's leading internet price comparison services with millions of consumers and businesses using their services year on year to compare and switch energy, telecoms and broadband providers.
This is a newly created administrative function to support the growth of the team.
It is an exciting opportunity for a focused and ambitious individual to manage and grow the existing and expanding partnerships database. You will be working alongside the existing members of our New Business Development team, who have already established the partnerships service as the UK’s leading energy comparison and switching partnerships program.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will support the New Business Development team in the acquisition, implementation and ongoing management on all partnerships. Including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and develop requirements for our white label website creation with new partners.
- Implement white label website through our Umbroc branding tool.
- Management the building of the collective website and registration websites.
- Support the New Business Executive with potential partner investigation.
- Research target industries and companies.
- Schedule and organise meetings for the New Business Development staff.
- Manage the contracts process (the admin around this).
- Manage implementation of call centre functionality (with support from Call Centre Management).
- Manage the new partner due diligence process with our Finance Dept.
- Manage finance set up process including monitoring the initial payments to ensure correct amounts have been billed.
- Produce New Business Development progress reporting
- Maintain the New Business Development sales toolkit, which includes regular updating of how we compare against competitors, i.e. on which suppliers we can switch to.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Highly numerate
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Tenacious – able to overcome obstacles using your own initiative, drive and discipline.
- Organised – time efficient, organised and able to meet deadlines, and coordinate activities across different departments
- Good attention to detail- proof reading & error checking skills.
- Highly Ambitious – strong desire to learn and develop quickly.
- Team player – able to work productively with others in a spirit of cooperation
- Basic knowledge of computer coding (ideal but not essential)
- Experience within a sales and marketing environment (ideal but not essential)
- Experience within a marketing environment (ideal but not essential)
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Good office space & environment, spacious and modern
- Sociable, 2 organised do’s per year and lots of ad hoc ones!
- Good holiday 25 days plus BHS
- We invest heavily in your development
Questions for applicants to think about:
- Do you want to start a career in marketing?
- Do you want to be in a sales team that is growing the business?
- Can you coordinate and organise without getting flustered?