Information on the company
An ambitious tech start-up (currently part of an established business) in the recruitment industry on a mission to reinvent legal recruitment by making it quicker and easier for lawyers to find the best legal roles out there whilst staying anonymous whilst creating a cost-effective way for law firms to hire the best legal talent.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,500 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
The hiring company are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Business Development Executive who is ready to come on board and join their energetic team. This is a brilliant opportunity for a recent graduate looking to join a professional company (the parent company of this app is a highly successful legal search and selection firm) and help launch a new company to market.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Support the company founder with much of the admin involved with launching a new business such as industry research tasks to identify opportunities in the market, liaising with marketing and PR agencies, media outlets etc.
• Attend appointments with the company founder, making notes and contributing where necessary.
• Go through training on how to introduce the product to potential users (lawyer and law firms).
• Using the parent company’s extensive contact network, you will contact lawyers to introduce the app to them with a view to encouraging them to become a free user, you will not be selling anything just informing lawyers to create a profile on the app which is ultimately for their benefit.
• As part of a small team you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and help out with a wide variety of tasks that form part of a dynamic and growing business.
• You’ll be a core part of a close-knit team helping accelerate and grow the user base and build key relationships with lawyers around the world.
• This is your chance to join the company at an exciting stage of the journey as
they’re experiencing rapid growth and if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact, then this role is for you.
What are the ideal intern’s skills, personality and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, high academic achievers preferred.
• Have lots of energy, a positive attitude and drive to hit the ground running from day one.
• An ability to build rapport and trust with people quickly without being in a face-to-face environment.
• Some knowledge of the legal industry (top law firms, practice areas) would be an advantage
• Excellent written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional emails
• Have a natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player!
• Good organisational skills and time management
• Strong IT skills and have some experience with social media (in a professional context) as you’ll be expected to use multiple platforms.
• Commercially minded and great with numbers
• 1+ years of related business development or sales experience is preferred.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Opportunity to grow with the business and have direct input in accelerating growth of a new company launching to market.
• Vibrant office environment complete with break out area, tea/coffee on tap and dart board..!
• Office located in the City, near Tower of London.
• Friendly and energetic team.
• If you are ambitious and want to be part of a successful start-up story this company would love to hear from you.