IT Graduate Scheme 2018
Go faster than you ever thought possible!
Fancy a career in IT? How about working for one of the most recognisable brands in the retail industry?
Here at Halfords, our IT Scheme will give you the chance to do both! You’ll get the unique opportunity to work the different business areas before finding where you’d like to hone your specialism!
But, if that’s not enough….Here’s what else we’ve got to offer:
Why choose our Graduate Scheme?
- A Dynamic Industry! - The breadth of roles on the scheme means there’s lots of scope to find your niche – giving you and your career much more opportunity and flexibility.
- We’ve definitely got variety - A career in retail is exciting, fast paced and unpredictable…. It certainly keeps you on your toes! So if variety is what you’re looking for look no further…you’ll see first-hand how quickly the retail market changes to adapt to the needs of our customers and you’ll be key in supporting these changes to ensure we stay competitive.
- Fast Track Career Progression – Our two year IT scheme will provide you with the specialist skills and support you’ll need to drive your career forward. You’ll gain real ‘hands on’ experience, build your profile within the company and gain a strong understanding of how our business operates.
- We’re proud to work at Halfords – and we want you to be too! - For the 4th year running we’re a Sunday Times ‘Top 30 Best Big Company to work for’, and what’s more it’s our employees that put us there, showing that here at Halfords we truly value employee engagement. We believe if our colleagues feel valued, engaged and part of a fun and successful workplace, they in turn will look after our customers.
- To top this off – We’ll give you a starting salary of £24,000 plus; performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme, 25 days' holiday per year (plus 8 statutory holidays), 25% colleague discount, the option to join our Share Save and Cycle 2 Work schemes as well as access to a range of shopping discounts at high street retailers.
What we look for in you...
It’s a competitive arena! If you’ve decided Halfords is for you – here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree – We’re flexible on the discipline.
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm – Personality is an essential requirement to be part of our team.
- Determination – The resilience to overcome challenges and succeed in everything you do.
- A genuine passion – For customer service and a career in Retail – and we need to see this!
- A ‘hands on’ approach – To delivering results and inspiring others to do the same.
- Communication skills – It’s a big part of the job. It’s about making the right impact
- Commercial acumen – Your ‘business brain’ – Understanding what makes us so successful.
- Team working mentality – Working collaboratively. Supporting others. Team ethos, It’s vital!
To find out more and to apply please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: 31st December 2017.