Job Title: Cost Management Analyst
Division / Function: CSS / ITS
Base Location: Solihull
This role will support the team through processing purchase orders, invoices and sales orders transactions on SAP SRM, provide transaction, allocation and contract reports, maintaining financial records accurately and supporting Standard Service teams in understanding purchased service costs. The role also provides quotations for goods/services to IT Solutions & Delivery teams, Standard Services Teams and Serco Contracts, working with Partner Management to identify sourcing activities where required. Communication with Contracts, ITS teams and suppliers throughout is needed to ensure all stakeholders are kept up to date with activities.
Structure and reporting relationship
The role reports into the Head of IT Partners & Licensing.
- Support ITS teams in procuring & cost management of services accurately and timely.
- Raising purchases on SAP SRM and tracking them through their lifecycle (cart>PO>GRN>payment).
- Maintain accurate purchasing and cost allocation record and ensure that records are kept up to date.
- Work with third parties as appropriate to obtain quotations and resolve supplier invoice queries.
- Use SAP ECC and SAP SRM to run reports for analysis and confirm internal and vendor queries (payments process, parked invoices, blocked etc).
- Process vendor invoices for payment and provide information to aid with the resolution of disputes or delayed payments.
- Generate customer quotes within agreed timescales and issue to the requesting team for approval.
- Work with Asset Management and Configuration Management to ensure all purchased services and stock levels are correctly allocated.
- Ensure purchase requests and queries are kept up to date with relevant information and processed within Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Maintain and update a vendor purchasing list, working with Partner Leads to obtain revised pricing from key vendors as and when quotes expire.
- Obtain estimated delivery dates from vendors and communicate lead times to requesting teams (if requested).
- Provide proactive updates to the requesting teams and individuals in relation to their requests.
- Support Finance, Delivery and Standard Services teams in keeping SAP and purchase allocation records current to enable automated billing/cost allocation and Management appropriate supporting Information
- Work to ensure that the Supporting information from suppliers is accurately stored in the appropriate Sharepoint location and supplier invoices are made available in a timely manner.
- Support the IT Directors, Delivery Managers, Standard Service Managers and BU Portfolio Managers with purchasing analysis for ad hoc and month reports, Including conducting reconciliation work to identify costs and associated revenue.
- Uphold the organisations values, methods, and policies.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Previous experience in a purchasing department, or equivalent experience in highly detailed environments with strong records management requirement
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong data management and mathematical analysis skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a methodical and timely manner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to engage with stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Experience of SAP or a similar P2P system.
- Ability to work well under pressure and embrace change
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Commitment to delivering a quality service
- Able to take responsibility for tasks and see them through to satisfactory conclusion, even when this requires support from other people/teams
- Ability to prioritise / reprioritise effectively
- Able to work to agreed standards and practices
- Understands customer needs as well as service commitments and is able to deliver to them
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.