- Located near Canary Wharf Tube Station/Zone 1
About Clifford Chance:
Clifford Chance operates a federated IT function that makes best use of lower cost locations, centres of excellence and suppliers' expertise from across the globe. Overall, the Service Management function ensures that the firm receives high-quality service and support, and value for money, across its systems and teams around the world.
The Service Management team comprises around 20 people, based in London. However, the function also provides the framework and energy to a wider, virtual team around the IT network to ensure consistency and standards in all regions. The function broadly covers the following areas, all of which you will have the opportunity to get involved in.
On a day-to-day basis you will work alongside one or more members of the team to develop your awareness of their specific area(s) of responsibility. Under their direction and guidance, you will be asked to help with any number of activities that they themselves undertake, including process/service design and ongoing review, service support and delivery, service analysis and reporting.
Over time it is expected that you will naturally gravitate towards one of the areas that you have worked in to help you further your career either with or outside of Clifford Chance.
Roles and responsibilities:
• ITIL-based process development and assurance (Incident, Problem, Change, Release and Asset Management for example, as well as the IT Service Catalogue)
• Setting and supporting the IT Operating Model, ensuring consistency, efficiency and effectiveness
• Setting and assuring relevant and pragmatic performance standards across services and teams
• Ownership of the Service Management toolset (ServiceNow)
• Ownership of some outsourced services, including a centralised, English speaking Service Desk delivered from Bangalore
• Shared ownership of some outsourced services, such as Infrastructure services delivered from Bangalore
• Strong relationship skills to enable communication at different levels
• Experience of team work
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Demonstrates an understanding of what different departments do and how they work together
• Proactively seeks information about changes and projects that are taking place in the department
• Demonstrates an understanding of the firm's priorities - the factors which impact business performance - and the consequences of this for implementation.
Personal qualities desired:
• Makes oneself accessible to clients
• Monitors and reviews the quality of service in order to ensure that it meets/exceeds client expectations.
• Resolves any problems with clients confidentially and professionally
• Remains positive even if progress is slow and solutions are diluted
• Written Communications
• Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience.