- Located near Angel Tube Station/Zone 1
Airsorted is the largest Airbnb property management service in the world. We believe that home-sharing is a force for good. We create authentic and unique experiences for guests; and for hosts, the extra income enables them to do more of what they want.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Growing supply of homes on multiple platforms
• Maintain the process of listings being built, approved, pushed to platforms and reviewed
• Ensure listings with availability are bookable on platforms, and ensure availability is correct
2. Maximising attractiveness of multiple platform listings
• Quality control check listings as they are pushed to platforms
• Monitor guest reviews; improve listings and pass on comments to Client Success
3. Increasing non-Airbnb booking revenue
• Improve the performance of properties with low occupancy on multiple platforms
• Monitor and reduce the rate of cancellations; ensure cancellations are being completed correctly, find reasons behind cancellations and reduce the need for them
4. Maintaining host satisfaction
• Manage ad-hoc customer requests or enquiries
• Categorising host feedback for product improvement
We already have 2 apprentices at Airsorted so they will be able to welcome you into the team.
1. Excellent Channel Management Executives are methodical, accurate and astute. Operating in a new field for Airsorted, they have sound logic to reach the root cause of problems and can articulate these clearly and concisely.
2. Channel Management Executives are excellent written communicators, near faultless in spelling and grammar, and tend towards perfectionism rather than creativity.
3. They take ownership of the quality of the listings they create or oversee and take swift pragmatic steps to improve listing performance.
4. They are proud of the work they do and take pleasure in positive results, whether as a result of their own or their team’s actions.
An interest in property or proptech
A problem solver, inquisitive or detail oriented
• Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
• Good knowledge of IT packages e.g Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets etc.
- Stock options– so when we make it big, so do you
- 25 days paid holiday – plus the bank holidays and an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Airbnb allowance – take a well-deserved break at an Airbnb property, on us
- Enhanced Parental Leave – Family comes first. We offer great parental leave to spend time with your new child, regardless of your gender
- Career development – unique opportunities to learn and progress in one of the UK’s leading startups
- Enviable company culture – we’ve put time into getting our work culture just right.
- Regular team social events, company-wide recognition of outstanding work, free snacks and drinks every day – we’ve got it all
- Employee discounts – at heaps of restaurants, shops, gym memberships, cinema tickets and more
- Pawternity leave – work from home for a week when you get a new pet, to help them settle in!
Included in qualification:
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 3 Business Administrator (BA3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Business Administration apprenticeship progress into HR, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing & PR, Real Estate, Personal Assistant, Office Management, Business Management. Most of the above can be completed in a higher-level qualification.