Located near North Greenwhich Tube Station/Zone 2/3
About Teach First:
Teach First are an education charity working with like-minded partners towards a day where no child’s educational success is limited by their socio-economic background. Mission: Equality through education. Empowering people to make education fair.
The Content and Creative team sits within the Marketing and Communications Department. The team is responsible for the creation, development and delivery of digital and offline content and ideas. Within your role, you will support colleagues to deliver effective brand communications and partnerships and media work. You will play an important role in a range of projects. You will work to support the Director of Marketing and Communications and other senior staff within the department and will ensure that key processes such as payment to suppliers, stock management etc are effectively managed.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Providing excellent customer service to colleagues, managing communications requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Managing the purchase order system for the Marketing and Communications department, raising orders as required and maintaining records.
• Supporting the press and media team to track and record our media coverage
• Managing the Teach First media library, uploading images, films and other assets to the library and ensuring colleagues are able to use the library effectively.
• Managing and liaising with external suppliers around the delivery of assets and payments.
• Managing stock of communications collateral and equipment.
• Making updates to our intranet and website and other social channels
You will also be required to attend away days/retreats and the annual “Offsite” event which is mandatory for all employees.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service, responsive, helpful and available to support colleagues.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues at all levels.
• Excellent team worker, supportive of colleagues and always willing to lend a helping hand where possible.
• Strong at working under own initiative, taking responsibility for prioritising own workload and always looking to improve processes to make the team more effective.
• Proven ability to train other employees in a variety of processes and tools; both through written guidelines and in person sessions.
• Exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise workload quickly and effectively.
• Experienced at managing external suppliers such as printers and photographers.
Personal qualities desired:
• Communications experience in the education and/or charity sector
• Ability to use InDesign and PhotoShop
• Experienced managing and updating content on an intranet or website
• Experienced use of social media channels
Working hours: 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months