- Located near Shoreditch High Street Station/Zone 1
TransferWise is a UK-based money transfer service launched in January 2011 by Kristo Käärmann and Taavet Hinrikus with headquarters in London and offices in a number of cities including Tallinn, New York and Singapore.
In this role, you will be providing support to the UK People Operations team on a range of administrative activities. This is a fast-paced, administration focussed role supporting the team and our employees as we continue to grow as a company. This role requires focus, enthusiasm and an openness to try new things.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Keeping our HR system and visa permit tracker up to date with our employees’ information
• Preparing documents such as Employment Contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Certificates etc.
• Supporting with the administration of payroll processes (e.g. joiners, processing changes, leavers), in cooperation with other People Operations team members
• Preparing references for employees as needed (employment, rental, visas etc.)
• Maintaining the People Operations pages and content on Confluence (our internal portal) so employees can access the correct information they need anytime
• Booking travel and accommodation for new starters who are relocating or attending onboarding training.
• Dealing with Day 1 new joiners administration that has to be done in person (such as Right to Work checks)
• Running the local new joiners induction sessions, sharing relevant information with new starters about their benefits entitlements, etc.
• Coordinating AMA (ask me anything) sessions for the London office
• Provide support to the team with ad-hoc tasks and project-based work
• Contributing towards the bi-annual planning cycles by attending review sessions, collating data on team performance, sharing ideas for improvements and new projects, etc.
• Dealing with employee questions on basic queries, escalating to the People Operations Coordinator as needed
• Computer literate (ideally familiar with G-suite)
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Eagle-eyed attention to detail
• Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
• Can-do attitude and a positive mindset
• Honest, able to own up to mistakes (we all make them, after all) and reliable - someone who never breaks promises
• Some work or office experience
• Interested in a people-focused career