Experian IT Services has a unique place in the Experian organization, providing information technology (IT) solutions which align to business needs both internally and for customers. Our services include Global Corporate Systems & Services (GCSS), Service Excellence, Employee IT, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Security and Operations.
The Service Excellence team is particularly focused on the tools that the business needs to deliver a great service to our internal and external customers. As a unit we provide global service management platforms to enable IT service management including incident, problem and change management, emergency call out systems, reporting, dashboarding and service catalogue and many other essential services to Experian in 43 different countries. The team also delivers 24 hour systems monitoring and analytics capabilities to a broad spectrum of business units, and Mainframe automation to boot along with project and portfolio management and support platforms.
The Service Excellence team are seeking a Trainee Analyst (Placement Student) who would like a gap year or have a placement year as part of their degree course or other higher education course. Experian has implemented innovative products and services so the student will have exposure to world class products, services and vendors as well as observe or participate in innovative projects working along- side seasoned professionals and business stakeholders.
The precise responsibilities and scope of work will take into account the students courses and experience/skills. Therefore, Experian is not seeking to be too prescriptive in terms of the candidate profile at this stage. Whilst most suited to Computer Science or Business Information Systems students this does not prevent other students such as Business Studies or Engineering students from applying.
- Contribute to the day to day implementation, development and support of Service Central project.
- Maintain documentation where relevant
- Develop innovative solutions and introduce new functionality to the business
- Contribute to or deliver improvements in service management
- Delivering or contributing to the wider transformation project
- Depending on experience and active projects.
- Establish, participate, and maintain relationships with business units and business analyst experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology issues, risks, and function/integration issues.
- Perform development, testing, implementation, documentation as it relates to Service Central platform. This may include design and implement enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts, and integration with on premise or third party solutions using Web Services, REST and so on
- Support integrated applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Identify potential process improvement areas and suggest options and recommend approaches.
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
- Participate in performance management with Tutor and Hiring Manager as per the policy of the college/university.