HR Assistant Placement Student
Full Time (35 hours per week), 12 month internship
Office based (Taunton/Bicester) and occasional working from home
Are you studying a degree in Human Resources or a Business-related degree?
Are you seeking broad exposure to HR during your placement year to give you a head start in your career?
Self-motivated, independent and utterly reliable?
Yes, Yes, Yes………..Apply now!
Stratton HR is a niche consulting business that works with small and medium growth businesses across multiple sectors in three areas: Organisational design and development, talent assessment and HR support.
We are looking for a driven and determined HR/Business student wishing to gain real-life exposure to HR across a multitude of facets. We offer a placement during which you will gain valuable commercial experience and broad exposure to HR from the offset. From day one, you will be mentored by highly skilled HR professionals who will guide and support you to ensure you get the best out of your placement.
As a virtual organisation with consultants and associates based across the UK, we encourage a mixture of office working (from our office in Bicester or Taunton) and occasional working from home.
As our HR Assistant Placement Student you will work as part of a busy HR team to provide operational HR support to a number of clients whilst also supporting the team with strategic HR projects and people initiatives. You will gain an understanding of many aspects of the HR function including Recruitment, Learning & Development, Employee Relations / Employment Law, Employee Engagement as well as all HR related administration and documentation.
You will produce correspondence, reports and other documentation ensuring these are accurate and in accordance with approved templates.
As our HR Assistant Placement Student you will:
- Support the team in delivering diverse HR projects which would include Performance Management frameworks, restructuring exercises, organisational due diligence and reviews, HR infrastructure, reward and well being programmes, and a range of resourcing initiatives
- Support all resourcing activity from sourcing to offer, including strategy, negotiating competitive advertising rates, advertising of roles, managing the advertising spend, maintaining the costings spreadsheet, reporting on key metrics, database management, interview scheduling, psychometric evaluation and delivering candidate feedback
- Provide first line HR support, acting as the first point of contact for basic HR queries relating to the HR database, annual leave, sickness and HR admin
- Produce Monthly client HR reports with detail of key HR metrics. Analyse HR data to provide meaningful observations and recommendations for clients
- Maintain employee, sickness and TOIL data on HRdatabases and ensure supporting HR documentation is completed for these
- Produce ad hoc HR Reports for clients as requested
- Provide administrative support and conduct research where required, to both clients and consultants
- Co-ordinate HR administrative tasks including creating contracts and offer letters, responding to employee enquiries and confidential employee data management
- Supporting with Communication and Marketing initiatives as required
- Pro-actively contribute towards the continuous improvement of internal HR processes for the business
- Act as a PA to the Director when necessary, including co-ordination of travel arrangements and diary management where required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required by our HR Assistant Placement Student:
- Articulate and intelligent with excellent listening and communication skills, genuine drive and enthusiasm and, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Confident and engaging – ability to present well face to face and over the phone
- A good process manager; organised and structured with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Competent IT skills – ability to produce high quality PowerPoint presentations and to get to grips with a variety of systems and databases
- Strong analytical skills
- An eye for detail and passionate about delivering a high quality service – right first time approach
- Able to work in a confidential manner and handle sensitive information discreetly and responsibly
- Strong research skills and ability to ‘think outside the box
- Available to start from Mid-June 2019
- Current enrolment in an undergraduate course related to Business or Psychology is desirable
To be considered for the role, you should have completed two years of an undergraduate degree course and have excellent IT skills. You should have a positive attitude, good organisational skills with a flexible approach together with the ability to use initiative, meet deadlines and prioritise high volumes of work. As this role is partly office based, you must have your own transport.
Although the location on the job advert is Bicester there is a possibility of being based from our Taunton office if that location is suitable.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and answers to the following questions in the same document:
- Why do you want this placement specifically?
- What value can you bring?
- How would undertaking the placement support your career aspirations?