Information on the company
Our client is a premium male-focused publisher, devoted to producing 100% original content across areas including sport, politics, entertainment and culture.
With a rapidly growing and highly engaged social audience of over 10 million, it prides itself on its continuous investment into journalism and its passion for creating entertaining, enlightening and inspiring content that people want to share with their friends.
They launched in the UK in 2015 – ranked the fastest growing media company in Europe by the Financial Times in 2017.
This is a grad job offering up to £24K annual starting salary for someone with the right level of experience.
How you can expect to spend your day;
This exciting new role involves working with all departments including production, video, editorial, client services and social. The growing Planning team works with a mixture of media agencies and clients directly, and plan proactive campaigns and responses to briefs.
- Participate in creative brainstorms for branded campaigns
- Assist with devising and building client presentations
- Pull audience and content insights from social and on-site analytics platforms
- Keep all sales materials up to date
- Understand the breadth of the companies offering to pitch the best solutions for advertisers. This includes video, written content, live executions, social amplification, display advertising and podcasts
- Support the creation of media plans in EXCEL, ensuring that the delivery and level of production is achievable within the budget
- Competitor research on site and social platforms
- On-set running / production assistant duties
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Attention to detail
- Good written communication
- Knowledge of excel, comfortable with numbers
- A keen eye for creative design when building collateral for client presentations
- Strong time management capabilities
- Enthusiasm: This is the first thing the client looks for. They want passionate people who love the brand and have the desire to be part of a fast paced, cutting edge business
- Flexibility: you will often be required to step out of your day to day role and participate in different areas of the business, for example support the production of their weekly Live broadcast shows or help liaise with talent as they come into the studio. This requires the ability to prioritise within a few minutes and be willing and able to change focus from one project to the next quickly
- Creativity: coming up with fun and interesting creative ideas will be a big part of your role
- Interest in digital and social media: a personal interest in the industry aids a better understanding of how it works
- Problem solving: They are famous for being the first to try new things, and working out exactly how we achieve this is an important element
- Ability to use your own initiative and whilst also taking direction from others
- Team player: They are a very close, supportive and collaborative team and you will be comfortable building strong and trusting relationships quickly