Information on the company
A privately owned wealth management firm undertaking principal investing and fund management activity for European investors, government and regional development funds along with that of a range of private investors.The company also invests its own capital into attractive investment opportunities and philanthropic ventures, focusing on event driven special and distressed situations. To date the company have invested over £40m into a range of investment opportunity including finance, SME and clean-tech investment. The company has a strong social conscious and commits a portion of its profits to philanthropic causes.
This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £25k.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will join the Execution Team to work on trade analyse, acquisition, deal execution and project management. This is a varied and demanding role which will be highly rewarding for the right individual and suit someone looking to develop a successful career in asset management, finance and wealth management who has a strong entrepreneurial streak.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Work with the Execution Team who are responsible for managing all investments from the moment of acquisition to exit.
- Review the status of individual investments, preparing reports and action plans to increase their value e.g. property refurbishment work, increasing occupancy rates, rental collection, lease negotiation, marketing design etc.
- Once action plan is agreed along with an outline strategy you will be expected to successfully manage these individual and varied projects to completion, this will include wide ranging tasks you may not have done before and will require someone not fazed by such a prospect.
- You will be expected to regularly visit property investment opportunities and operational sites to better understand their status, this can often be at short notice as much of the opportunity is driven from acquiring businesses or property which is in liquidation, administration or some form of distress and this often leads to a rapid acquisition time table.
- You will provide insight and information for the preparation of investment analysis reports.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level.
- Previous experience or education in property investment or financial analyse.
- A very hard working individual is required for this highly demanding yet rewarding position, this will not suit someone looking for a 9-5 job but rather someone who is prepared to work exceptionally hard in the early stages of their career to reap the rewards later.
- You must be prepared to travel at short notice (including international travel), work over weekends/unsociable hours and view this as an opportunity to further your career, experience and suits a business minded individual looking to increase the profits of the business.
- A clear, concise and confident communicator.
- A business minded individual prepared to go the extra mile and make the difference to make a deal happen.
- A resilient character looking to develop a highly successful career in wealth management and real estate investment.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- You will be joining a hard-working team of 20 and thus be given greater responsibility and opportunity to develop your career then you would by joining a larger organisation.
- The company operate a bonus structure related to the profits of the business and so the earning potential here is very competitive.