Surface Finish Technician Level 2 - Documentation & Support
RAF Odiham - Hook, Hampshire
Full time, 39 hours, Permanent
£21,000 to £21,500
The job opportunity:
The Surface Finish Support reports to the RAF Odiham Surface Finish Site Manager and is responsible for the undertaking support activities within the SF Facilities as directed by the Site Manager.
- Processing work detailed by the SF ITEMS Supervisor and the SF Production Manager. Ensuring all tasks are completed in accordance with the quality policy, procedures and standards required.
- Ensuring all productive staff hours are documented, captured and accounted for.
- Before taking receipt of SF work into the SFF ensure the Customer enters the task details into the relevant Ad-hoc or Scheduled Control register and all tasks delivered possess:
A legible MoD Equipment label (MoD F731)
A Transfer of Custodianship document (Annex K) signed by the task demander.
- The co-ordination and management of all monthly returns and 100% stock checks. Ensure all stock and associated materials are correctly stored and secured. Ensuring all correct records are maintained and SI reports are coordinated monthly with the Regional Administrator.
- Preparing F7109 and Purchase Orders (PO) documentation for subsequent action.
- Liaise with external delivery companies. Escorting of visitors and couriers with stock deliveries from the Main Guardroom to and from the Surface Finish Facility.
- Delivery of a full range of Support activities, ensuring Support tasks are completed in accordance with the Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Aviation safety requirements. Ensuring all applicable health and safety procedures are followed including COSHH and Risk assessment directives and that the necessary controls are in place
- Act in a professional manner as first POC within the facility for visiting customers.
- Notify section leaders of any anomalies, failers, defects, which may give rise to poor customer service.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and all waste is disposed of in accordance with current regulations.
- Ensure that security regulations appropriate to the Support area are strictly complied with.
- Compile and record monthly VOC usage, update the site VOC register
- Notify the Site Manager or his deputy of any occurrence which could affect the production of the Annex G contracted hours.
- Manage the SFF Control phone and record messages for Senior SF Tech/supervisors
- Management of the section vehicle, inclusive of the daily and weekly checks.
- Carrying out any additional tasks as required by the Site Manager or Senior SF Technician.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Ensuring that all mandatory training is kept up to date, this includes Serco Essentials CBT training.
- Follow defined procedures and work instructions.
- Informing Line Management of any HR concerns.
- Abiding by confidentiality agreements and other restrictive clauses in their contract of employment
- Following the Serco Code of Conduct to ensure we meet our policy commitments and comply with applicable laws and regulations. It is designed to encourage honest and ethical conduct. It therefore sets out in a concise way the rules, standards and behaviours that are expected from all Serco employees.
- Above all work safe, compliantly and productively.
If interested, please apply.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. Take pride in what you do.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.