Based in our London office, this is an excellent opportunity for a high performing, analytical, and enthusiastic candidate to join a challenging, fast moving, performance driven and fun working environment. Responsible for technical analysis and underwriting recommendations for assumed risks, system developments and acting as a resource for new product developments. Over time, attendance at industry conferences and client meetings may be required; this position offers the potential for future advancement in either the risk or underwriting departments.
RenaissanceRe is one of the world’s largest and most successful catastrophe reinsurers, has offices around the globe, and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. We specialise in probabilistic risk modelling techniques, in particular of natural hazards such as earthquakes, hurricanes, windstorms and floods, in order to make risk decisions.
- Analysis and probabilistic modeling of property risks; presentation of analysis output and conclusions to underwriters based in both London and Bermuda.
- Investigating, evaluating and making recommendations for improvements to current and new catastrophe models. Building and maintaining relationships with catastrophe model vendors and implementing new models when necessary.
- Demonstrating proficient use and knowledge of internal systems and databases as well as third party software including RMS, AIR, MS Excel, and SQL to effectively extract, manipulate and report on risk modeling data.
- Regular and ad-hoc projects relating to portfolio management and Lloyd’s of London reporting requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Math’s, Engineering, Science, Actuarial Studies or similar.
- Proficient user of MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills; problem-solving through a numerical, structured, logical approach and an ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Clearly and concisely presents information in individual and group settings adapting to the needs of the audience and effectively responds to Q&A
- Manages expectations effectively and adapts to changing needs, concerns and priorities of internal and external stakeholders
- Works towards team goals and end results and contributes in ways that benefit the entire team
- Sound knowledge of probability, statistics and/or computing an advantage.
- Familiarity with a programming language such as Python or R an advantage.
- Suitable for a highly technical individual who applies these strong technical skills to achieve results
We will only consider applications from those with a full and valid permit to work in the UK.