- Located near Goodge Street
Kickstart your career at Dennis. We're looking for ambitious apprentices to work across our commercial division. You'll join our inspirational Sales team. Innovative, hardworking and positive, the team focus on working together to achieve and exceed targets, and deliver an exceptional experience. You will also be working towards your Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
As a confident go-getter, you'll bring your intelligence, passion and energy to Dennis, helping us to sell opportunities to a number of clients and agencies. While learning fast and building the foundations of a remarkable career.
As a Media Sales Apprentice, your main role will be to develop sales leads from online enquiries generated via our website and inbound calls.
You will play a key role in making sure that our customers receive an outstanding experience from Dennis' media sales team, so you must be a highly customer focused individual with a passion for sales and account management.
This exciting role will offer you unrivalled growth as well as exposing you to exciting, high-performing media brands, leading agencies and prestigious clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Cold calling clients across their 'patch'
• Business development with new and existing clients,
• Mapping out the market for potential new business development opportunities
• Building relationships with potential clients
• Leeping up to date with competitor publications to identify potential new client opportunities
• Attending client meetings when necessary
• Reading the publications that you'll be selling to ensure you're always up to date and familiar with the brand
• You’ll be motivated and hungry to work in a sales role, you’ll be confident and happy to make cold calls as well as robust enough to handle rejections as this will be a large part of your role.
• Insightful and assured, you'll enjoy sharing ideas at internal meetings. A true team player, you'll be skilled at forging relationships with colleagues. - You’ll also know when to work independently and take initiative, and will be ready to play an active role in your own learning and development.
• You will need to have a can-do attitude and a passion for turning leads into sales. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
Why work for us?
• We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and
success are encouraged.
• Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
? We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week
paid sabbatical after five years service.
? We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Perks of the job:
• 28 days holiday
• A contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership
• Yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough!
• If you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’
After your Business Administration apprenticeship progress into HR, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing & PR, Real Estate, Personal Assistant, Office Management, Business Management. Most of the above can be completed in a higher-level qualification.