2019 Data Science Graduate Programme
Are you interested in working for Forbes #1 Technology Employer in the UK?
At RBI Data Scientists use their advanced data skills to provide internal and external business analysis. They deliver operational insights to the RBI business units and market intelligence to our customers in industries such as energy, aviation, agriculture, and finance.
As a Data Scientist you will generate new insights from proprietary and external sets of data by applying a range of definitions, calculations, and data manipulations. You will also work with various partners around the business on a broad range of complex initiatives, including: data visualisations, fuzzy logic mapping, forecasting models, and various highly-customised data queries.Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
When joining the RBI Data Scientist Graduate programme you will spend two years learning and working in our various markets. During the course of the scheme you will gain valuable experience through practical application in the following data science specialisms, actively using your learning to build data science capability within RBI businesses:
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Getting and cleaning data: obtaining data from various sources (web, APIs, colleagues) in various formats, then cleaning and normalising.
- Exploratory data analysis: performing initial analysis of data sets, typically to inform more formal modelling.
- Statistical inference: drawing conclusions by identifying properties within a dataset and inferring additional values.
- Practical machine learning: application of predictive functions with an emphasis on practical applications.
- Developing data products: automating complex analysis tasks through the use of technology to expand the utility of a data model, inference, or algorithm.
- First and foremost you should be a recent graduate.
- You should have a real passion for technology and a desire to learn.
- We are looking for strong communicators with well-formed interpersonal skills.
- Strong academic background with minimum of BBB at A level or equivalent.
- You should have achieved or be expecting minimum of 2:1 at degree level or equivalent in STEM (All Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Math’s ) related subject. Computer science, mathematical sciences, or a related data and analytics subject is desirable.
- Masters in a STEM subject is seen as favorable but not essential.
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously. We want you to learn and progress quickly. We provide ongoing training and support to ensure you achieve and develop at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.About Reed Business Information
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across the globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We’re a technology business with a passion for innovation and product development. We work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. With over 30,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Forbes have recently placed RELX as the UK’s #1 technology employer and #53 in their ‘World’s Best Employers’ list.Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26% of our Technology workforce are women, which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology.
- Women’s network forum.
- Regularly run events in school about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of women in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Click on the link to find out more.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SALARY: Competitive with extensive benefit package and regular pay reviews. Location: London and Surrey
How to apply:
- Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining the following :
1.What interests you about the Graduate role you have applied for?
2.What skills /experience do you have that makes you suitable for the position?
- The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment centre. The assessment centres will commence in February 2019.
The start date for these roles will be September 2019.