At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: Senior HR Case Advisor
About the role
As part of a centralised team of specialist People Services advisers you will provide professional advice and support remotely via telephone and email to c3000 people managers across the UK.
You will provide pragmatic and pro-active day-to-day employee relations consulting and providing guidance for Serco People Managers, covering all areas of the employee lifecycle including performance, disciplinary, grievances, maternity/paternity, absence and restructuring.
Analyse people related metrics, data and trends to make recommendations to Business Partners, and interventions with people managers to address identified people issues across the business, engaging in monthly calls with the HRBPs.
You will also liaise with external agencies/ functions such as legal and local union representatives regarding the people issues related to procedures and policies and ensure that people managers work within the defined policy & procedures.
Provide reports (case performance, improvement themes, trends, etc) to Business Partners, Centres of Expertise and the HR Shared Services.
- Work in partnership with the business to provide strong professional HR advice and support strategic HR decisions at all levels of the organisation.
- Provide a proactive and/or “on demand” advisory and consultancy service to people managers on a range of human resources issues, employee life cycle procedures and policies consistent with employee standards, legislation and guidelines.
- Provide effective advice to ensure that people management policy and guidance are in line with employment law, case law and best practice.
- Interpret and evaluates human resources operational guidelines and policies in relation to people related activities within the employee life cycle.
- Liaise with external agencies/ functions such as legal and local union representatives regarding the people issues related to procedures and policies and ensure that people managers work within the defined policy & procedures.
- Work with management teams to agree and implement strategies that support business objectives.
- Manage end-to-end and timely closure of employee relations cases.
- Ensure all activities are accurately logged on the HRSS case management system, updated regularly and documents stored in employee files as required by Serco.
- Provide support in the delivery of people management training, redundancy consultations, people transitions, organisational design and downsizing where required.
- Be a point of escalation for HR Helpdesk Advisors for more complex queries.
- Respond to complex queries and manage all aspects of issues across the employee lifecycle and support the Business Partners within their business responsibilities.
- Liaise with HR specialists, union representatives and transfer cases to other areas of HR as and when needed.
- Coordinate and participate in monthly case reviews and analyse caseloads to identify key themes for improvement and identification of issues and trends within the business.
- Reflectively learn and model new methods of best practice and approaches.
- Highlights any required knowledge base improvements to Case Management Service Delivery Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (A recognised HR qualification (CIPD or equivalent) essential)
- Excellent generalist/operational HR experience at HR adviser, HR Business Partner level or equivalent.
- Practical experience in managing complex ER cases, including redundancies, restructures, disciplinary and grievance cases and complex case management.
- Experienced at coaching/influencing managers.
- Have an up to date understanding and application of employment law and HR best practice.
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR solutions.
- Confident operating within a client-facing environment.
- Delivery focused individual with the ability to work in a self-sufficient manner.
- Ability to demonstrate presence and credibility within the organisation and manage key stakeholders.
Corporate Shared Services helps Serco to be the best managed business in this sector by supporting the delivery of superb public services.
We are continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of HR, procurement, information technology, finance and accounting services we provide to our customers.
Competitive salary plus attractive benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 6% matched pension and 2x annual salary in life assurance.
Come and join us in an exciting period of change, where are continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of HR, procurement, information technology, finance and accounting services we provide to our customers.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.