An exciting opportunity has arisen within Experian's Decision Analytics Delivery Team for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join a team of Software Product Trainers, responsible for delivering training on a range of originations, credit risk, customer management, fraud prevention and debt collections products. This opportunity can be based at either our Nottingham or Southport office.
Offering a truly rewarding client-facing role, you will be responsible for educating a wide range of clients (internal and external) in the best ways to utilise our solutions to meet their business needs. Developing on-going working relationships with our clients, you will inform, guide and direct clients in the best ways to utilise our products to meet their business objectives and achieve a true return on investment.
The role of the Product Trainer is key in supporting the delivery of our products and services, and requires:
- The ability to analyse learning needs, and design, deliver and evaluate effective training solutions.
- The ability to translate technical concepts and content, and write clear and concise training materials.
- A good team player, with the ability to learn new systems and applications quickly, and who displays a commitment to developing technical, product and industry knowledge to become a subject matter expert.
- An ability to manage training requirements, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery.
- Always promoting the wide range of training services, you must also have the ability to build and maximise client relationships.
- The skills to support the learning and development of the UK Solutions team.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience of delivering complex software training.
- Highly IT literate, with an ability to understand our software solutions from a technical perspective; in-depth knowledge of MS Office, operating systems and web-based technologies.
- A good working knowledge of databases, including SQL and Oracle.
- Experience/knowledge of the Experian Credit Bureau and DA products (Originations, Strategy Management, Customer Management, Hunter, FraudNet, Tallyman), would be highly beneficial, as would financial services, insurance, and telecommunications industry knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of all areas of the training life-cycle and up-to-date industry knowledge of training methodologies
- A 'can do' attitude with the ability to multi-task in a busy delivery environment, to meet challenging timescales and demanding client expectations.
- A strong communicator with excellent client facing skills, who can explain complex technical concepts, and work and learn independently.
- A true attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic approach to training and learning, with an engaging training style that will motivate delegates
- Ideally holding a CIPD Certificate in Training Practise or equivalent, you should have a minimum of 2 years training experience.
- Educated to degree Level, although knowledge, experience and attitude are key.
- This role involves delivering training from both Experian offices and client sites, and willingness to travel and work away from the office is essential. Whilst primarily UK-based, travel could extend internationally, and you must be prepared to be flexible in this area